05 Headunit details

mick0082

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has removed a headunit from an 05 Sportivo.

This is the 6-disc unit with MP3 support.

Does this unit have RCA outputs on the back?

I know its highly unlikely but just thought i'd check.

I'm doin it a little tough for cash after the purchase of the new car plus 18's so I was hoping to be able to use an amp and sub I have just until I can replace the headunit with something else.

I realise I could use a line converter but have heard of various outcomes using these.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

i doubt it would have a RCA for your sub

there is no RCA output, i have taken the unit out myself.

the only thing you can do to run an amp on it is to use an RCA covertor. you can get those from autobarn, JB hifi, strathfield etc. for about $15. It works fine.

cheers

I did read both of those before posting.

I didnt want to know how to remove the unit. i just wanted to know if anyone had already removed one to see if there are RCA outs.

I dont see the point of pulling my headunit out if it would be so much quicker to gets someones advice.

Thanks Arcxis!

How does it sound?

I didnt want to know how to remove the unit. i just wanted to know if anyone had already removed one to see if there are RCA outs.

I dont see the point of pulling my headunit out if it would be so much quicker to gets someones advice.

Thanks Arcxis!

How does it sound?

Have a search for the phrase

Pre-Outs

Stereo Installations

Thanks Arcxis!

How does it sound?

my knowledge of ICE might be a bit limited, but i have yet to see RCA outs on a stock unit. anyone know of any?

im using one of line/RCA converters for my sub and im sure that most of the brizzy lads would agree that it sounds all right.

It sounded OK when you play that nasty stuff the other week at Milton... :P

I have split the rear speaker cables just at the bottom of the 'B' pillar and ran cabling to the sub in the boot and used the highpass input on the amp so the sub runs off the rears.

Then I used some small caps on the rear speakers so when I hit the bass, the rear doors don't desintegrate....