Stereo Installations

Donza

Hey guys, wondering what stereo set-ups you guys all have with your cars?

I have just gotten a black 04 sportivo (EV11LL - Ren is my fiance) and interested to know what everyone has done with this stuff.

I already have the front of the car essentially planned, however wishing to get an idea of what everyone else has. Ie where box is mounted, etc.

Ideally wanting a removable enclosure, so any replies would be great.

Cheers.

Scott.

Hi Scott,

I'm currently running a Pioneer HU with rainbow 6.5" splits. Tweeters had to be mounted on the A pillar as the stock tweets are small. 2 amps sitting below both front seats and a 12" sub at the back. Quick release using a plug. Hope that helps.

Hi Scott,

I'm currently running a Pioneer HU with rainbow 6.5" splits. Tweeters had to be mounted on the A pillar as the stock tweets are small. 2 amps sitting below both front seats and a 12" sub at the back. Quick release using a plug. Hope that helps.

Yeah have you got any pics on how that's set-up in the boot?

And how long does it take to get out, like 10 minutes?

im getting all my gear costum installed next week

sony xplode head unit ( full remote controlled )

sony xplode 6 stacker

6 1/2 inch boss splits in the front

6 1/2 inch pioneer 4 ways in the back

2 x 12 inch MTX subwoofers in 10" box

JVC 4 channel amp ( for subs ) already set up for subs in last car

Boss 4 channel for speakers

door trims will be sound flashtaked for sound deadening

depending how it all sounds once its set up i might still replace the speakers again.

not sure about the Boss gear never used it before.

zippy ties :P

That's a little dodgy isn't it??? :P

noooooooooooooo :rolleyes: :P :D

Hi People.

I have the following sitting in my cupboard.

5 Channel US Amp

12" Kove Audio Dual 6Ohm Sub

6 1/4 Kove Splits

I was actually supposed to start with the install in December, but so far I have just sort of visuallised what it will look like. Will keep you guys posted when I finally get around to starting it.

Here's a pic of the install I did in my Civic.

post-408-1105688420_thumb.jpg

Ive got an alpine system 6-1/2 front splits 5-1/4 2way rear 12 inch sub custom fit into the drivers side boot well. a bit of a rough job but not bad for a first time self install... All type R stuff and V12 amp under each front seat

For those who want to put a sub in the boot but don't want to lose all your boot space stay tuned. Within the next week or so I'll have a custom fibreglass sub box for a 12" sub finished for your eyes to see and for your wallets to purchase! A mate of mine has designed a sub box specifically for a Corolla that doesn't use up your boot space. When I have some pics I'll post them and the prices as well.

Hi all!

I've got an 02 Ascent with:

Pioneer H/U

Pioneer 6 1/2inch 3 ways in the front

Stock speakers in the back

Jaycar 4x100 amp behind the right rear seat

12" clarion sub in the boot

System sounds great inside but cant seem to get the bass to be heard outside. The cars insulated too well :P

Has anyone with splits in the front tried mounting the tweeters in those little round air vents that are facing up? They'd be perfect for the discreet look.

post-288-1105705218_thumb.jpg

Has anyone with splits in the front tried mounting the tweeters in those little round air vents that are facing up? They'd be perfect for the discreet look.

Its a pity I dont have more pics here. In my Civic and Conquest I mounted the tweeters in the air vents. All I did was remove the Vent cover and stuff the vent with carpet. The tweeter fitted in nicely and sounded sweet and I just covered it up with a cut up piece of grille from an old speaker. The fact that is was almost completely stealth was a bonus. :D

The last thing U want is tweeters on the dash as a dead give away for thieve's to know U have an expensive sound system in.

For those who want to put a sub in the boot but don't want to lose all your boot space stay tuned. Within the next week or so I'll have a custom fibreglass sub box for a 12" sub finished for your eyes to see and for your wallets to purchase! A mate of mine has designed a sub box specifically for a Corolla that doesn't use up your boot space. When I have some pics I'll post them and the prices as well.

Waiting. waiting.....hehehehe

I have a completely stock system 'cept I have made a cutom (specifically cut peice of 6mm MDF) floor for my amp which sits in place of the little storage container under the boot floor...

As the Toyota dealer lied and told me that there were RCA Pre-Outs and there arne't, I have tapped into the rear speakers wires in the 'B' Pillar and rused the hi-pass line-ins on the amp (Sony Xplod 2 Channel) and run line outs from the amp through the trap door to the dodgy peice of work I call a sub box housing my 12" Earthquake..

To de-install, unplug wires from side of box and remove box, tucking wires under trap door - uninstallation time around 30 seconds - just don't judge it in the install quality catagory :)

Well the attatched pic is my boot install, a better photo for you all to see.

I have 2 Type S subs (12')

1 Alpine amp that runs 4x75wrms (for the speakers)

1 Alpine amp that runs 2x350wrms (for the subwoofers)

A pair of high end Rainbow speakers in the front

A pair of DDlinear speakers in the back

And my latest addition, A Pioneer headunit that has a 7' touchscreen and DVD playing ability. It is custom fit to take the place in the middle of the double din slot.

I just got back from motorvation (a car show in perth) and picked up two awards for my rolla, I won my SPL class and also got the 'Real Appeal' award for best boot install and generally best sounding stereo.

I got 137.6db on their reading equipment which ive been told is very low, on normal equipment I should reach 144db with no problems. :D

Well the attatched pic is my boot install, a better photo for you all to see.

I have 2 Type S subs (12')

1 Alpine amp that runs 4x75wrms (for the speakers)

1 Alpine amp that runs 2x350wrms (for the subwoofers)

A pair of high end Rainbow speakers in the front

A pair of DDlinear speakers in the back

And my latest addition, A Pioneer headunit that has a 7' touchscreen and DVD playing ability.  It is custom fit to take the place in the middle of the double din slot.

I just got back from motorvation (a car show in perth) and picked up two awards for my rolla, I won my SPL class and also got the 'Real Appeal' award for best boot install and generally best sounding stereo.

I got 137.6db on their reading equipment which ive been told is very low, on normal equipment I should reach 144db with no problems.  :D

Depends on the meter. I had 2 12 inch type r's in my old car (satria) running 1800 wrms total, and I pulled 140.4 db. But that was on one of the newer digital meters. Off the older analogue meters, you would expect a rise of approximately 4-5db from that figure.

Love the install, looks nice.

But yes really keen on this sub box which won't take up much space! let me know!

hey,

I have a cheap, simple yet effective setup in my stivo.

Im running all the stock stereo gear with the addition of a Blaupunkt MPA3 400watt amp and a 12" type S Alpine sub in a box.

Sounds very good and bass is nice. Ask Danthuyer for his impressions or the regulars from Brisbane Thursday Meetup Gang from a few weeks ago.

:lol:

sound off B)

Does anyone know if the stock standard stivo head unit (rad/cass/stacker) has rca's. If not, can I get away with using an RCA convertor to connect a amp for a sub ?

It doesn't, and I found out the hard way after calling my friendly Toyota dealer and was told it did. (Maybe nect time I should just pull the bloody thing out and look for myself)

I wouldn't use a converter as they tend not to cope too well under pressure.

What I ended up doing with mine was tapping into the rear's and using the Low-Pass input on my amp. All I did so I didn't have to run 5m of speaker cable (x2) was tap into the rears inside the 'B' pillar in the cable cluster between the trim and the actually metal.

Then I just ran the speaker wires back to the amp in the boot.

The front splits tend not to like the low end stuff too much, so I put some 100uF caps on them and left the rears 'as is' and both sets are still stock.

I installed a coil on the sub to cut out all inout over 200hz so I didn't have crap coming through the sub....

PM me if you decide to go this way and I will try to get some pics....

Cheers

Aaron

• 9 months later...
hey,

I have a cheap, simple yet effective setup in my stivo.

Im running all the stock stereo gear with the addition of a Blaupunkt MPA3 400watt amp and a 12" type S Alpine sub in a box.

Sounds very good and bass is nice. Ask Danthuyer for his impressions or the regulars from Brisbane Thursday Meetup Gang from a few weeks ago.

:lol:

sound off  B)

Is that also running off the stock H/U ??