Where to get power steering hose for SV21 in Sydney?

Looking for some advice. I was told when I replaced the steering rack on my 1990 SV21 Camry that the PS pump was leaking, but as the leakage was small and money tight I didn't worry too much. The other day I had to back and fill at full lock to get into a narrow parking space. Found later that there was a trail of PS oil where I'd been manoeuvring and a large oil stain under the engine bay and the PS reservoir was empty. Was definitely my car leaking as the oil was still wet. Went to Woolies and bought some Dexron III, filled it up and drove it 19km home along a reasonably winding route - Crows Nest to Hornsby along Eastern Valley Way, Archbold Road etc if you know it. When I got home, checked the fluid level expecting to find it very low but fluid loss seemed to be minimal if any. Ran the car at idle and there were no obvious leaks that I could see. It seems that the leak only happens at full lock, not when the wheels are straight.

ISTM that if the pump itself was leaking it would do so all the time which suggests that it is the hose that's the problem, and the HP hose is oily suggesting that there is a leak there. I understand that the pressure is at maximum at full lock which is why the leak happens then. Are these hoses known to fail or is it the connecter fitting that's likely to be the culprit?

I spoke to a guy I know who's a mechanic and he said it's most likely the hose rather than the pump. He also said that when he worked for a Nissan dealer they would get some guy in a van who'd come round and make them up on the spot - much cheaper than Nissan's hoses. Unfortunately he couldn't remember the name of the guy in the van. Will Pirtek or Enzed make up one of these hoses for me, and if so what should it cost? There's a Pirtek place within (long) walking distance from me which would be most convenient as once I take the hose off the car I'll be a pedestrian. Alternatively, has anybody used these people? www.mobileautohoses.com.au

Any advice on a source for the hose, and tips on draining the system and replacing the hose would be greatly appreciated. Also, the power steering place that replaced the rack filled it with Ford PS fluid which is apparently some synthetic oil, equivalent to Castrol Syntrans which is $25 a litre! I'd use Dexron III, but they'd probably claim it voids the warranty. Is there a cheaper alternative to Syntrans?

Thanks in Advance

SG

Well before getting a new hose made up you've gotta be sure whats leaking and go from there...

Get some degreaser and clean your whole engine and around the power steering areas...

Then with help from a friend, start the turn and turn the wheel lock to lock... You'll be able to see where the leak is coming from and go from there...

On a side note, we use Enzed mobile service at work and they're always great... Not sure about prices though - never seen the figures...