Idle Speed Control Valve for Corolla Conquest AE112

Hi guys,

I just would like to know what are my options in replacing the Idle Speed Control Valve on my 99 Corolla Conquest AE112?

I have already sent it to the mechanics for diagnostics and it's pretty clear that the valve is now faulty. And yes, the filter was cleaned in the last attempt to fix the problem but the OBD error code still show it is the idle speed valve problem.

Is there an OEM part out there that could work on my car? Or do i have to buy a genuine Toyota part? Is it a good idea to buy a second hand parts? And how much would it roughly cost as well? (my mechanic is quoting me $400+ish just for a brand new part)

I would be appreciated if someone can point me out where to buy one of these as well beside wreckers on second-handed parts. And if I were to look for a second hand one, what should I be looking for to make sure it would last another few years?

Since it's "relatively" old car, I would like to keep the cost of repair down to as low as possible.

Thank you very much guys!

Temjin

Hi Temjin,

I have exactly the same model car with 165,000 km on it. It has been great.

I have never had your problem, but would suggest you buy the part second hand from wreckers. It will be alot cheaper and probably give you many more good klms. Most wreckers will give you a swap if the 2nd hand part is faulty. It sounds like an easy replacement/repair.

Regards, rossco309

Hi guys,

I just would like to know what are my options in replacing the Idle Speed Control Valve on my 99 Corolla Conquest AE112?

I have already sent it to the mechanics for diagnostics and it's pretty clear that the valve is now faulty. And yes, the filter was cleaned in the last attempt to fix the problem but the OBD error code still show it is the idle speed valve problem.

Is there an OEM part out there that could work on my car? Or do i have to buy a genuine Toyota part? Is it a good idea to buy a second hand parts? And how much would it roughly cost as well? (my mechanic is quoting me $400+ish just for a brand new part)

I would be appreciated if someone can point me out where to buy one of these as well beside wreckers on second-handed parts. And if I were to look for a second hand one, what should I be looking for to make sure it would last another few years?

Since it's "relatively" old car, I would like to keep the cost of repair down to as low as possible.

Thank you very much guys!

Temjin

Hi Temjin,

I have exactly the same model car with 165,000 km on it. It has been great.

I have never had your problem, but would suggest you buy the part second hand from wreckers. It will be alot cheaper and probably give you many more good klms. Most wreckers will give you a swap if the 2nd hand part is faulty. It sounds like an easy replacement/repair.

Regards, rossco309

Hi rossco309,

Thanks. I've got a few quotes from wreckers and they are all $110 delivered. Hope that will fix the problem. (I originally thought there could be an OEM part that "performs" better than the original one, guess no need for that now) :)

Cheers,

Temjin

$110 sounds like a bit of a rip, there aren't any "pick-a-part" style wreckers near you? If so, just go there and rip one off yourself, haggle the wrecker down to a better price or if you score some other stuff just pocket the valve and they won't notice :P