Electrical problem???

shaunkc

Hi Team,

I own a 1993 Holden Apollo. Driving home last night I noticed the turn indicators didn't work, along with the rear demistor, heater fan and possibly the engine temperature gauge. About 2 minutes later the engine died. Other electrics such as hazard lights and headlights continued to work. I opened the bonnet and the fuse box beside the battery. After pulling each fuse out and checking and replacing with no fault found I tried to restart and it fired. Drove home with no further issue. After consulting the owners manual, no one fuse seems to control all the above functions that failed and even if it did why would the engine die?. Any ideas/solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shaun

Hi Team,

I own a 1993 Holden Apollo. Driving home last night I noticed the turn indicators didn't work, along with the rear demistor, heater fan and possibly the engine temperature gauge. About 2 minutes later the engine died. Other electrics such as hazard lights and headlights continued to work. I opened the bonnet and the fuse box beside the battery. After pulling each fuse out and checking and replacing with no fault found I tried to restart and it fired. Drove home with no further issue. After consulting the owners manual, no one fuse seems to control all the above functions that failed and even if it did why would the engine die?. Any ideas/solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shaun

Possibly some poorly grounded equipment. Have the ground points checked to ensure they're making good contact as occasionally you do get rust or other stuff on the points. Also, do you have any aftermarket equipment installed?