crown parts needed

classic crown

Anyone know where we can access toyota crown parts for old models? I need a new tailgate handle for my 1967 crown waggon, but the wrecker that used to be in the Snowy Mountains of NSW seems to have gone and he was a most useful supplier.

Don Radford

Hi Don, I always thought the Wagon version in that Crown shape was model designation MS46 not MS47. I think the MS47 is the utility version.

Anyway that is a side note and doesn't really help you at all. The best advice I can give is as somebody else suggested on a different thread, which was to try the Toymods forum. I certainly cannot think of anywhere down here in Adelaide that would be of any use to you.

Would love to see some pics of the wagon B)

Hi Don, I always thought the Wagon version in that Crown shape was model designation MS46 not MS47. I think the MS47 is the utility version.

Anyway that is a side note and doesn't really help you at all. The best advice I can give is as somebody else suggested on a different thread, which was to try the Toymods forum. I certainly cannot think of anywhere down here in Adelaide that would be of any use to you.

Would love to see some pics of the wagon B)

Thanks Chobis. I must check the owners manual which I still have, but I have always quoted ms47 - wouldn't make much difference unless a body part was involved I suppose. Thanks for the tip re parts. There is a local here at Terry Hills in Sydney who has a lot of crowns in a large shed and who sometimes parts with bits and pieces but waggons are rare now.

I will post some pics of the car when I return from a trip up north in about a month. It is still very presentable despite being my primary transport,

Don

• 2 months later...

Flynn's wreckers is still there, Snowy Mountains hwy Cooma,

Call Steve at Mona Vale 0412711481 not sure how much 40 series stuff steve has though and Flynns is a little dear

Thanks for that - I will get onto Flynns pronto, I know Steve well but he is light on for waggons!

I had a reply from Spencer and have managed to rub off his post, so if you are reading this Spencer, please email me at radford@chem.usyd.edu.au

Thanks

Don

• 1 month later...
classic crown wrote:

Anyone know where we can access toyota crown parts for old models? I need a new tailgate handle for my 1967 crown waggon, but the wrecker that used to be in the Snowy Mountains of NSW seems to have gone and he was a most useful supplier.

Don Radford

hi!

I got my Crown Automotive parts and accessories from jcwhitney. I'm pretty sure you can find your 1967 crown waggon parts here. Hope this helps. Good luck :)