Hi from Brisneyland

Hello to all you who know what a 'real' car is all about :)

My Toyota Timeline:

I originally drove a 1980 Lancer Hatchback up to the early 90s (ew Mitsubishi junk) ... then got my first Toyota, a mid 80's banana yellow Corona station wagon ... then my wife and I bought a year old 96 AE101R RV Corolla (attached) ... then we traded that for a late 01 ZZE122R Levin (as soon as they were released) (attached) ... and just two weeks ago we signed up for a brand new ZRE152R Levin ZR with so many extras that they had to order it to be built from the factory ! We've now got an anxious 10 weeks wait before we take delivery of it but know it'll be worth it.

I was very tempted to go for a Subaru Impreza or even a Suzuki SX4 this time around but the few extra features included in the facelift Levin ZR were enough to tip the scales and I'm very glad we stuck with Toyota in the end. What a nice car and even nicer to continue to tradition.

So, that's my story and I look forward to frequenting this forum.

Seeya,

Steve.

post-19613-127849667043_thumb.jpg

post-19613-127850329819_thumb.jpg

Edited by SteveAndBelle

what sort of extras you add...??? :spiteful:

Well, I should rephrase that ... one of the extras we wanted was the MoonRoof and as there were no Graphite Levin ZR manuals with MoonRoofs left in the country they had to order one to be built for us. They found an 'auto' for us but we prefer a manual.

We got most of the extras but skipped the overpriced satnav (why other when most mobiles now have decent nav built-in anyway plus no need to update) and although I wanted the TRD suspension kit I just couldn't justify paying $3500 just to lower it by an inch. I'm a realist and have no intentions of taking the car out on a track so can't justify the cost. I would like it a little lower though but somehow retain a comfortable ride at the same time. In saying that though I also thought that about our current Corolla but after driving around Tasmania for 3 months including many very rough dirt roads (some even marked '4WD only') I think they've got the ride height just right to make the Corolla a great all-rounder. There is no way we could've done what we did in a Mazda 3 that's for sure !!

Hmmm, maybe I need airbag suspension ... hmmmmm.