[QLD] The Brisbane Thread (Weekly Meet: Every Thursday from 8pm)

This is a Continuation of this topic - Brisbane Meetup (Every Thursday 9pm)

The purpose of this thread is mainly for the Brisbane members to keep active on the forums as well as to discuss anything that is related to our Weekly Meetup. If anyone is intending on attending any one of our Meets, adding a post to this tread to say so would help keep everyone in the loop (no pun intended).

------------------------------------------------------------

About the Meet:

The Brisbane TOCAU group meets nearly every week from 8pm at either the "Loop" if it is dry or the "Train" if it is wet. A decision on where to meet when the weather is questionable is typically made around 7:30pm and an update is usually posted in the thread here. We welcome all members of the forum who own a Toyota as well as any prospective new members who are planning on getting a Toyota and want to stand around and talk Toyota. We are a very open group too, so if you ever move on, it's not like we will banish you from our meets. You will also be welcome to catch up with us regardless of where you move in the future. We are here just as a group of friends all with a common interest.

What to expect:

A bunch of guys and girls of various ages standing/sitting around in a crowd talking about anything and everything. Don't get the impression that because you may not know cars so well that you won't get along with us. We do talk about cars at times, but we don't revolve around just that. Just have a quick look at the discussion that goes on in this thread to give you an idea of how we all get along.

Cruises aren't the norm for us so if you get any ideas for a cruise somewhere, just mention it in the thread and we can think about planning something. Given the time of the week that the meet occurs though, options for cruises are fairly limited.

Where is it:

Loop (dry conditions) - Centenary Aquatic Centre: 400 Gregory Terrace, Spring Hill

Hoppy's (wet conditions) - Hoppy's Handwash Cafe Car Wash: 181 Abbotsford Road, Bowen Hills. <- If we do meet here, bear in mind that this is a privately owned business so please be considerate of that.

If you need any more details on how to get there, feel free to PM DJKOR, mick.wheelz, or SILVABULLIT.

We hope to see you out really soon!!!

• Like 1

The power of a Super Moderator.. LoL.

Thanks for responding to the confusion very quickly.. :lol:

Confusion... harden up Vick :lol:

That thread was epic and full of memories. It must not be deleted by the way.

good move corey! :)

vick: where are you staying? as in what suburb?

if you're keen on coming out, im sure one of us boys can either pick you up or come to where you're staying and then you can follow us. :)

where we meet is VERY close to the CBD...

Of coz Im keen..

Parents are currently comin to Syd for my grad and other stuff. Most likely next week, I'll be flyin up to Goldcoast. And where we stayin is in the centre of the entertainment area, Surfers' Paradise. I'll fly over to there.. I wish I can bring my car with me.

DJKOR: LoL! Sorry for not being a brissy. Ur name was on the 1st post dude, and both of us joined up in 2008. No edit post or anythin.. Not my fault. :P

Edit: I don't think I'll make it. Just saw the distance on google... Bloody 80Kms! Wouldn't be a prob if I drive..

Sorry for ruining the thread boys.. My bad. =(. Enjoyyy this week's meet...

Edited by VF-X

Thanks for organising the wash Brendan and the prizes as well. And also would like to thank Michael for taking the last few pics for my car. lol.. Hope I wouldn't feel any hostile reaction when I turn up at the meets w/o a Toyota. Just picked up the new car and having quite a bit of fun with it atm. Tyres are quite ****ty so will be replacing them once I have the chance. See you all on Thurs if I am still allowed in. Lol..

Mate you will still be welcome at the meets without a Toyota. Everyone moves on at some stage but once you are a part of the crew you are always welcome to attend!!

• Like 1

Mate you will still be welcome at the meets without a Toyota. Everyone moves on at some stage but once you are a part of the crew you are always welcome to attend!!

Thanks for the assurance Brendan. Will catch you guys soon at the nxt meetup.. :D

yeah its all sorted nate... i some how managed to completely blow off the vaccum pipe from the s/c to the wastegate actuator...

i bet ya a sportivo could never manage that! :lol: :P

Nate: nah man... decided against it... as tempting as it is... i just cant do it... lol