My 2001 ZZE122R Corolla Levin (soon to be replaced)

SteveAndBelle

Here's my 2001 ZZE122R Corolla Levin (soon to be replaced by a Graphite Levin ZR)

Nothing special but has been one of the best cars I've ever owned.

post-19613-127850243778_thumb.jpg

Edited by SteveAndBelle

... and here's what he looked like when I overloaded him for a big drive from Brissie to Tassie a couple of years ago. Looks shocking but we made it in one piece and had absolutely no problems. Rear shocks were completely compressed and the ride was uncomfortable at times (especially at 150kph) but it actually drove quite well.

post-19613-127849907843_thumb.jpg

... and here's what he looked like after a bush bash on a forestry trail and also after a steep mountain climb, all in Tassie (of course).

What a car ! It's no wonder we bought another one.

post-19613-127850291873_thumb.jpg

post-19613-12785029388_thumb.jpg

Edited by SteveAndBelle

what did you load on the poor shocks, :P

My wife and I moved to Tassie for our long service leave a couple of years ago and took a HEAP of stuff down with us. The rear seats were folded down and I found some HP workstation boxes that just scraped in height wise. The boxes were very large and I managed to fit six of them on the back plus a bit of extra small stuff around the edges. I's say they weighed at least 50kg each so there's 300kg. The roof box was loaded up to the safe limit of the roof racks (50kg) but the killer was the bike rack of the towball. We were taking a lot of stuff down for friends too and two of those bikes weren't even for us to keep. I pushed the limits of the car and all the accessories and was a bit worried about how it would all travel as I'd never driven with a big load liek that before but we made it down without anything falling off or failing.

Awesome holiday too but a bit of roadkill took out one of the driving lights on the long drive back to Brissie :( No worries 'cause we've already signed the paperwork for the Levin ZR :)

• 3 years later...