Stereo, and Lighting Questions.

Geo

Well I'm half way through, thought id just post a pic.

The results are good, but with the stock green stereo it looks shocking.

I might change them to blue, might look better, with the dash, i dunno.

post-933-1119271163_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks bloody terrific mate! :D

how'd the light on the clock go? :P

Bit of an accident, dropped the globe down fell through the console down far down.

have to get a replacement.

Bit of an accident, dropped the globe down fell through the console down far down.

have to get a replacement.

aww that's too bad. happened to a few other ppl too i think :lol:

think about getting a colour bulb replacement... it may work better than the condoms ;) get blue! even though ur dials are red... but what the heck :lol:

I was wondering where u can pic up those lights at???? i wanna check the normal one in different colours and the condoms one holla me please if u know matey....i

:blink:

I used red sleeves, got them from autobarn Narva T-5's there 5mm sleeves, they were a tad too long, but still did the job.

You can buy bulbs that are differnt colours, id assume ud need 5mm bulbs.

Ok, just changed them to blue, still having trouble with the A/C and Rear Dimister, cant seem to change them yet.. But BigBum, you are correct, changing them to blue seems quite difficult if your using sleeves, they dont give off a nice colour, like the red ones do.

Ok, just changed them to blue, still having trouble with the A/C and Rear Dimister, cant seem to change them yet.. But BigBum, you are correct, changing them to blue seems quite difficult if your using sleeves, they dont give off a nice colour, like the red ones do.

yeah the blue kinda sucks, i might change mine to red soon too. the a/c and rear buttons, if u look behind the button... there should be a small green thing that u can twist open to access the globe :P

did u end up getting the colour globe for the bulb that u lost?

yeah the blue kinda sucks, i might change mine to red soon too. the a/c and rear buttons, if u look behind the button... there should be a small green thing that u can twist open to access the globe :P

Nope, because i dropped that green thing they come in to screw it in, so i just got a new one from toyota.

for the A/C buttons, is it a twistable thing, just like the clock, because i didnt see one..

Nope, because i dropped that green thing they come in to screw it in, so i just got a new one from toyota.

for the A/C buttons, is it a twistable thing, just like the clock, because i didnt see one..

hmm i dont remember. i don't think i even changed those buttons :unsure:

lemme know if u do.

Hehe, yeh i'll check again when i change them back to red.

I'm thinking the paints would work alot better, but i dont want to ruin the globes.

i dunno how u can ruin them. u can always use a chemical liquid to wash off the paint if u need to.

Hehe, yeh i'll check again when i change them back to red.

I'm thinking the paints would work alot better, but i dont want to ruin the globes.

i dunno how u can ruin them. u can always use a chemical liquid to wash off the paint if u need to.

You do raise a good point. LOL. I'll consider it now, it all depends o the colour of my new head unit

Dunno if you boys evcer got around to looking into the head unit to see what lights can be done there, but if you didn't, I did....

You can't do anything unless you actually paint the existing LED that is really well soldered onto the circuit board....

bugga

Head Unit LED

Have a look at that Brandon....thats the LED on the circuit board on the HU...

If you can paint it, then I guess you can change the color display....dunno if the hobby paints would be any good there though...

hmmmm looks like theres a green sleeve on that bulb. if it is, then changing it to red wouldn't be a problem.

what about the other lights behind the buttons and knobs? any ideas about them?

Its actually a green LED, with no sleeve on it, and it distributes the light to behind everything via plastic distirbuters....like a piece of plastic stuff that reflects the light up it.

THere are only 2 lights, and they are on either side of the display screen....