Camry vs Corolla

if this has already been posted, plz post a link...

i chose the year range from 2003-2010

The Camry's include: ALTISE, ALTISE LIMITED, ALTISE SPORT, ATEVA, ATEVA L, AZURA, GRANDE, HYBRID, HYBRID LUXURY, SPORTIVO, TOURING

The Corolla's include: ASCENT, ASCENT SPORT, CONQUEST, EDGE, LEVIN, LEVIN SX, LEVIN ZR, SPORTIVO, TTR ASCENT, ULTIMA

sidenote: i thought its better not 2 make a poll(im not sure if i can make a poll anyway :(), because i want a reason as to y ....... (car) is better

also, an interesting thought..can u compare the aurion 2 any other toyota model, if so, what model?

Edited by Luli

I have to ask, and I mean no offence by this, but what is the ultimate question here? It seems to me a list of trim levels within a model line up. The Camry and Corolla are a different class of vehicle where you chose which one based on how much room inside you need.

I have to ask, and I mean no offence by this, but what is the ultimate question here? It seems to me a list of trim levels within a model line up. The Camry and Corolla are a different class of vehicle where you chose which one based on how much room inside you need.

sry i didn't catch that

You can't compare a Camry to a Corolla. Two completely different vehicles.

Almost like asking if... Manual is better than Auto.

oh D: , im sry, i just thought i'd compare 2 different vehicles becauz it wouldnt b boring..like i cant compare 2 similar cars, eg: a grande vs sportivo, bcuz it would b kinda dull...

like everyone is saying, you cannot compare the two, but i will do so anyway since my family has a camry altise 02, corolla conquest sedan 03, and corolla ascent hatch 08. I learnt how to drive in the corolla and its a good car, its less powerful than the camry, but you'd only notice that when you're a learner and have only been driving one car. The camry is very spacious, i never realised how big the boot of that thing is, inside is big as well. Both are very good as a daily, it just comes down to how much space you need like superdave said.

The 08 feels the same just in a different body, but there's HEAPS of body roll when you turn, so i started turning alot slower. Driving all 3 they all feel very similar with a reliable vvti engine.

If you want to compare the costs between the camry and corolla, the corolla has a much higher resale value. When i was searching for my car people were asking 10-14k for an 03-06 model Corolla. The camry's have a lower price but the majority have higher kilometres. The camry also uses just a bit more fuel with a 2.4 litre engine compared to the 1.8 in the corolla.

If i had to choose between any toyota, it would come down to the corolla sportivo and aurion. Id choose the sportivo just because hitting lift feels pretty cool and they look mean just with eyelids. If i could id find a cascade blue one for the future but i believe most might be thrashed in 4 years time with high km's.

The aurion is much newer and also looks very good, ive never driven in one but the aurion owners on TOCAU have some awesome looking aurions.

If you're looking for a reliable car, then toyota is the way to go. I know they've let some people down lately, but you get what you pay for. Just remember none of their cars are high performance so dont expect anything very fast. Unless you get a TRD Aurion :D

The only reason why people are saying it's a bit pointless to compare the two cars is because you should first be deciding on what type of car you want (small, mid-sized, large/family, or SUV) before you should even be making comparisions on this level. First you wanted to compare a Camry to a Impreza which is fair enough because they are of a similar type (though you wanted to compare looks which is a bit pointless without your own personal opinion) and of a valid discussion.

Now you are comparing two types of cars which is not really an easy comparison because something like this is for you to decide. I don't know how you go about your daily life, so you decide on what size car fits you best. Then you can compare different grades of the same car, based on what suits you best in both fit and budget.

Just remember none of their cars are high performance so dont expect anything very fast. Unless you get a TRD Aurion :D

Even still... don't expect anything fast.