ebay Overhead DVD

boleh

Massive 15-inch screen - $249.99 free postage.. Damn these are huge screens do you think they're too heavy to be mounted on the roof?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CR1502-Roof-mount-15-Car-monitor-Flip-Down-DVD-player-/110522564050?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19bba87dd2

Edited by boleh

You won't be able to see out the back with the rear view mirror.

I CAN........

With my Alpine 10" DVD system installed in roof, can see perfectly out the rear window! It is an awesome piece of kit, kids love it!!!!!!!!!!

Reids

Massive 15-inch screen - $249.99 free postage.. Damn these are huge screens do you think they're too heavy to be mounted on the roof?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CR1502-Roof-mount-15-Car-monitor-Flip-Down-DVD-player-/110522564050?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19bba87dd2

Hey boleh. Just checked out that item. Very impressive.Would love to install that in my car but moon roof would cause problems. I would think the mounting kit would be more than sufficent to hold it. Get a rep Car sound company to install it though. Mate had one installed in his new VE crummydoor.. Holes through roof... No joke. Good luck

A ceiling free of DVD screen, that's perfect vision.  As soon as anything gets in the way that's less than perfect

15" of diagonal screen hanging from the roof cannot be perfect rear vision, hello, wakey wakey!

Edited by whofan

A ceiling free of DVD screen, that's perfect vision.  As soon as anything gets in the way that's less than perfect

15" of diagonal screen hanging from the roof cannot be perfect rear vision, hello, wakey wakey!

I know what your saying. Normally you get the reverse mirror kit to Go with it. Unless you allready have reverse camera/ gps unit

You won't be able to see out the back with the rear view mirror.

I CAN........

With my Alpine 10" DVD system installed in roof, can see perfectly out the rear window! It is an awesome piece of kit, kids love it!!!!!!!!!!

Reids

I agree, an Alpine 10" only partially blocks the top part of the rearview mirror (see this post). However, he's considering a 15" DVD player which is going to hang 340mm down from the roof (based on the specs in the ebay listing) compared to 200mm with the 10" alpine (as measured in my vehicle). The 15" screen will definitely obscure the rear view mirror. This may be an issue for some.

Kesawi

Does ur alpine unit plays AVI from USB thumbdrive?

How much did you pay for the unit itself and installation?

One thing i notice the construct of these branded units is that they look alot more roboust even in pictures. See how the LCD is attached to the base unit.. The ebay ones have flimsy looking pivot that I doubt can hold the LCD firm enough so it doesn't vibrate while the car is on the move. Hm.. but they're so cheap and play anything.

Kesawi

Does ur alpine unit plays AVI from USB thumbdrive?

How much did you pay for the unit itself and installation?

One thing i notice the construct of these branded units is that they look alot more roboust even in pictures. See how the LCD is attached to the base unit.. The ebay ones have flimsy looking pivot that I doubt can hold the LCD firm enough so it doesn't vibrate while the car is on the move. Hm.. but they're so cheap and play anything.

It doesn't have a usb port, but it does have an auxiliary RCA input (Video/Audio L/Audio R) on the side mounted towards the front of the car, which you could plug iPod or another portable video device into.

I had the unit installed by the dealer, which was listed on the invoice as $1600. Actual cost was less as I negotiated down the overall price of the car for the final sale. It is an expensive unit, but I've haven't had any issues with it at all in 18 months. You could probably find a better deal with an Alpine dealer as car dealerships tend to bump up the price on accessories.