Hotting up a 94 Camry CSI

Toyota Boy

Hey Everyone i have a 1994 Toyota Camry CSI. Im going to hot it all up and pretty much wanna make it brand new as im a pretty big perfectionist. The body work is in immaculate condition and the engine is fine apart from the pretty bad oil leak that drips on the exhaust and stinks but i guess ill have to get that fixed! <_< It needs the following things fixed! What do ya'll think!

1. Faded paint on the roof, bonnet and boot

2. Oil leak

3. 204000 kms service

4. Rear window fixed

5. Front of Dash is lifting a bit AS ALL these camrys seem to do! Grrr

6. New mags, Seat covers, Head Unit and Front Speakers

7. Bushes in Auto Trans Gear Shift as it wobbles side to side

8. and whatever else needs doing! I bought it for 4 grand last year so i dont want it to go to waste and i love these model Camrys!

If ANYONE knows of cheaps fixes for ANY of these things let me know please! Like the Dash! haha! i Tried pushing it down but it just comes back up again but it annoys me alot! Please help! Would appreciate it guys! Thanks heaps hey!

Edited by Toyota Boy

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the TOCAU guys. But better yet welcome to the Camry club biggrin.gif

You two should take some pictures of your cars so that you can boast about them, doesn't matter what condition they are in. Best thing I ever did was buying a camry for my first car...NEVER gone wrong (with 246000km on it).

The modding options are endless for you guys - turbo, supercharging, bodykits, stereos; you name it the sky is your limit (unless your bank account is your limit like mine)

Look forward to seeing your progress! Oh by the way, check the members rides for inspiration.

Welcome. Definitely put up some pics, i would suggest buy a dashmat, it will save your dash from cracking warping etc. Where is the oil leaking from? For the 200,000km service you will need to do the timing belt if it hasnt already been done. Last of all the paint could be just in need of a good polish to bring it back up to scratch, but won't know til we see some pics.

• 1 year later...

i too am in the same boat lol but mine gets painted at the end of the year.... So that will be good lol... Currently rolling on 19x8.5 rims with 235/35r19 tyres... Looking at a sportivo brake upgrade next and bringing it closer to the ground as soon as budget permits lol... Looking for someone to build the enging to tke the 14psi from a t4 that will be getting strapped to it late next year...

• 1 month later...

solution - buy new parts and install... if unable to install pay someone else to install them for you... preferably a professional qualified to do so...

you say the body work is perfect but has no paint (practically)... just makes it easier to sand back and paint...

good luck :)