How often are you getting a wheel alignment??

Dowelly2194

Have got 20,000kms on my kluger and is just a year old & notice my inside front tyres wearing a bit,even after i rotated my wheels and tyres at 10,000kms. i decided to rotate tyres around on rims to get a bit more wear out of the Brigdestones before i have to fork out for more 19" boots. :angry: And to get a wheel alignment done.......my question is how often should we be getting a wheel alignment done???? Mine is the FWD version as well B).

Thought i wouldn't have to worry as much with the Kluger as i had a Calias before this and was a pain for scrubbing tyres out :(

Inside shoulder wear is a sign of too much toe. When you get an alignment request they set the individual toe to 0.00; ask for a print out proving it has been set. Once that is done you only need an alignment if you hit something hard.

Inside shoulder wear is a sign of too much toe. When you get an alignment request they set the individual toe to 0.00; ask for a print out proving it has been set. Once that is done you only need an alignment if you hit something hard.

I don't have the manual handy right now. What is Toyota's recommended alignment settings for the Kluger?

I would try to stick to the Toyota's alignment settings as much as possible.

Dave is right; excessive toe (out) will cause inside shoulder wear and likewise, excessive toe in will cause outside shoulder wear. Scrubbing and shoulder wear also works in combination with camber settings, but any uneven wear is a sign that something is wrong (normally from hitting potholes etc), so its time to get an alignment.

While the Kluger is no performance car, and zero toe is normally the best for tyre life; the manufacturer sets the suspension and alignment in a way for the car to handle in a certain (normally safe understeery) way while at the same time not compromising tyre mileage.

So unless you didn't like the way the car was handling and wanted to change it, I would try to stick to Toyota's settings.