Need help with gearbox issues

Hi all I've recently put supercharger on my car and are having some issues with the drivetrain

Are there any Toyota gearboxes that will fit into a 1zz powered corolla zze series

Or is there any one who has a spare gearbox lying around. I'm in desperate need of

Rectifying this issue so any helpful suggestions would be appreciated into this matter

Does anyone have an lsd that they need to get rid of??

Lylee :)

Hi all I've recently put supercharger on my car and are having some issues with the drivetrain

Are there any Toyota gearboxes that will fit into a 1zz powered corolla zze series

Or is there any one who has a spare gearbox lying around. I'm in desperate need of

Rectifying this issue so any helpful suggestions would be appreciated into this matter

Does anyone have an lsd that they need to get rid of??

Lylee :)

Hey Lylee,

PM Guni on here, he has a 2zz gearbox with TRD LSD and MWR flywheel for 2g's :P

willing to sell the 1zz flywheel :P

Evo

2zz box will bolt up, I'm not sure if the flywheel would but I doubt it. What did you actually break in the 5-speed? Most wreckers should have stock of the ZZE 5-speed boxes.

2zz box will bolt up, I'm not sure if the flywheel would but I doubt it. What did you actually break in the 5-speed? Most wreckers should have stock of the ZZE 5-speed boxes.

Is the 2ZZ 6-speed box any stronger than the 1ZZ 5-speed anyway? At least in earlier series the general practice is to swap in an E-series box to replace the C-series when you go forced induction.

the one in Pippy's car I installed has held up fine in the 40,000km it's done so far both supercharged and now turbocharged, daily driven on semi-slicks

Hey Lylee,

PM Guni on here, he has a 2zz gearbox with TRD LSD and MWR flywheel for 2g's :P

willing to sell the 1zz flywheel :P

Evo

I'll need to swap. Won't have a gearbox otherwise.

all the C code gearboxes have the same torque rating, so swapping wont solve your problem. most of the dead ones I see are blown up from repeated wheelspin on 1 wheel. A proper plate type LSD will help this, but not solve the serious other problems these boxes have.

the only Toyota box that has a chance is the E code as found in GZE powered corollas and Mr2's. i have yet to do this conversion , but I expect it wont be real hard.

the only Toyota box that has a chance is the E code as found in GZE powered corollas and Mr2's. i have yet to do this conversion , but I expect it wont be real hard.

MWR has since been successful in doing that.

http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=317&products_id=1175