Question about Handling of lowered corolla's

Hey Guys

I'm looking at upgrading from my Ascent Corolla to a levin ZR, and am looking at putting the TRD susspension on it and was wondering One your thoughts on this. Two for thos that have lowered/changed the suspension how does you corolla's handle on road, are they better or worse? Three for those that have a levin zr are you happy with the interior and the setup. I for the life of my can't find a dealership in brisbane that has one for me to actually sit in and have a play with so any opinions and thoughts from you guys and girls would be great.

Edited by real_jarod

Hi mate,

Where you located? if your in melb you can take my car for a spin. I'll be selling my set soon if your interested, upgrading. Ride is stiffer of course but more than bearable, handling is great and obviously a big improvement over stock.

just bought a 2nd hand (1-owner) levin ZR from brissy last weekend... its an 08 so the current/new interior is probably a little different but I'd assume overall its near the same.

I'm pretty happy with it... love the high-set gear change (manual), the dash is bright, simple and informative... seat could be a little more cushy but its still comfortable > I drove it for 13 hours home to Townsville and didn't get a sore back or whatever. Probably going to get seat covers as the material doesn't seem very hard wearing.

As for extras i got a sunroof, but no reverse sensors, no reverse camera (would have liked), basic 6stack CD player + bluetooth.... but yea i'm pretty happy with it.

Its no power-monster but i've got a motorbike for going fast... and the kawka is only a smidge better on fuel than the levin :) haha 636cc compared to 1800cc.

so handling... this has the stock suspension obviously and it handles fine... a fk load better than our other car - commodore :) haha. I too would like to lower it just for looks but that'll never get approved via the minister of finance.

hope your ready for a big hole in ur pocket. but the good thing is, with TRD products = high quality built items. and compared the trd springs to my king springs low, the trd springs sit more even. probli the most even out of all the spring setups i've seen anyway. goodluck with whatever you do

Thanks guys for you input so far. It's a bit of a hard decesion to make as I'm also looking at a renault R.S Clio 20th Anniversary as well as the Corolla Levin ZR. I took the Clio for a spin today and handles really well. However As stated before I also love the corolla and taking one for a spin with the TRD gear on it is a bit on the hard therefore limits my ability to compare it to a clio hence why I was asking for your insight in to how the corolla handles with aftermarket suspension compared to stock. As for the price of the TRD gear it's not to much of a problem as it is an accessory from toyota for the corolla so it just be added to the finance. Which is good for me. All I have to do is figure out which one to get. Any more advice and input from you guys would be really appreciated.

I know my zre handling improved vastly over stock when i had my King Springs Low installed. With the TRD suspension kit though you get;

- Lowered Springs (sit quite level compared to other springs, rear not high)

- KYB Shock absorbers (stiffer ride)

- Front Sway (helps front end corner much better)

thats if you get it all anyway. hope that helps