Repair Manual ?

steve_loves_his_camry

Hi guys,

This is my first post here, so lets see how i go :)

I would like to do some basic maintenance on my camry, as well as some things like fixing the central locking (front passenger door) etc and was wondering if anyone here knows where I can find/download a manual which might help me with doing this stuff myself and saving some $$$

The model is:

1997 TOYOTA CAMRY CSI SXV20R F/INJ 4D SEDAN 4 CYL AUTO

Thanks in advance for any help or info.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks Bazz. Do you know if my Camry is a Mk3 ?

(hrrrm, i just googled some different things and it looks like my camry is a Mk4 .... but not really sure)

Sorry...Cant help on this...Dont know much about Camry but I can guess...Mk3 is the one with the 3vzfe and Mk4 maybe the one with 1mzfe???

You can download part of (in sections) or the whole manual from the following website http://www.camrystuff.com/

My understanding is that you have a Gen 4 series. Glad you have a sedan, as the manuals which are done in USA, don't cover wagons. Even the Gregorys Repair Mnaual I bought is done in the US and also does not cover the wagon.

It's a Gen 4, there could possibly be a Haynes manual available too

I have the downloaded Gen 4 Manual, and also the Gregorys Repair Manual # 276, which is published by Haynes Manuals Inc. Both of these manuals are USA editions. Unfortuantely no Australian editions for Australian made Camrys, thus, no information dealing with the Camry Wagon (tail gate etc).

Australian Haynes Manual (it can be found cheaper).

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item19bbaa7523

US Haynes Manual (notice the difference).

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item5adb61081e

Now i can't guarantee it will have the wagon, but its your best chance.

Also found this too.

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item20b12a8f86

Edited by trentmeyer23

Australian Haynes Manual (it can be found cheaper).

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item19bbaa7523

US Haynes Manual (notice the difference).

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item5adb61081e

Now i can't guarantee it will have the wagon, but its your best chance.

Also found this too.

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item20b12a8f86

Hi Trentmeyer23, thanks for those links.

The First link I sent an email off asking if it covers the Station Wagon. Waiting on reply.

The Second link I noticed the different in the books.

The Third link I already have that book (Gregorys), and it does not cover Wagons as it is US based.

I would be really surprise if the First and Third link books will be different, as they are both published by Haynes. Why print different books (Haynes & Gregorys) for the same cars in Australia.

If anyone already has the Haynes Repair Manual covering Camrys 1997 - 2002, could you advise if it mentions about wagons - specifically the tail door?

As I already have the Gregory's Service and Repair Manual #276, which does not cover Station Wagons, I read your post Bazz and headed off to Repco this morning at Mascot. They had the Haynes Manual #92707 for $51 as you said. I asked them to open the book (plastic seal) and check to see if it covers Station Wagons. They were very obliging and startled when there was no mention of Station Wagons. Both books are published by Haynes and are US based. Diagrams inside have drivers position on the left side, even though front cover picture shows the correct drivers side.

The person at Repco then got on the blower to Haynes to ask about the inconsistency. They were told that the previous manual #92700 covered the Avalon, which did not come out in a Station Wagon (no idea if correct). They swear that the Gregory's Manual covers the Station Wagon - WRONG :(

Anyway, I have sent off an email to Haynes Manuals, Inc. in Padstow NSW and explained the whole story and discrepencies in both manuals.

This is probably why I have not received a reply from the EBay seller who has the Haynes Manual on sale.

Ozz

Edited by Ozzcaddy

As I already have the Gregory's Service and Repair Manual #276, which does not cover Station Wagons, I read your post Bazz and headed off to Repco this morning at Mascot. They had the Haynes Manual #92707 for $51 as you said. I asked them to open the book (plastic seal) and check to see if it covers Station Wagons. They were very obliging and startled when there was no mention of Station Wagons. Both books are published by Haynes and are US based. Diagrams inside have drivers position on the left side, even though front cover picture shows the correct drivers side.

The person at Repco then got on the blower to Haynes to ask about the inconsistency. They were told that the previous manual #92700 covered the Avalon, which did not come out in a Station Wagon (no idea if correct). They swear that the Gregory's Manual covers the Station Wagon - WRONG :(

Anyway, I have sent off an email to Haynes Manuals, Inc. in Padstow NSW and explained the whole story and discrepencies in both manuals.

This is probably why I have not received a reply from the EBay seller who has the Haynes Manual on sale.

Ozz

It's not the first Gregorys/Haynes manual to miss key models, the AE82 Gregorys manual doesn't include the Twincam model for instance, and the AE92 ones only give specs for 4AGE models, nothing more.

Received a nice email reply from Haynes Manual. Inc this morning:

"Information on the station wagon has not been covered in this manual. This has been an oversight at the time of publication. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If there is a specific area regarding the station wagon that you require information on, I would be happy to research our technical library to see if we can provide it for you. In most areas, the information relating to the sedan would apply to the station wagon.

We appreciate feedback from our customers, as we aim to provide accurate and relevant information. However, from time to time, errors or omissions do occur."

So I'm taking him up on his offer and I have asked for particular information relating to station wagons. So we will wait and see what assistance i receive.

Ozz

Received a nice email reply from Haynes Manual. Inc this morning:

"Information on the station wagon has not been covered in this manual. This has been an oversight at the time of publication. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If there is a specific area regarding the station wagon that you require information on, I would be happy to research our technical library to see if we can provide it for you. In most areas, the information relating to the sedan would apply to the station wagon.

We appreciate feedback from our customers, as we aim to provide accurate and relevant information. However, from time to time, errors or omissions do occur."

So I'm taking him up on his offer and I have asked for particular information relating to station wagons. So we will wait and see what assistance i receive.

Ozz

Received reply within 30 minutes from Haynes Manual Inc, providing 2 Pdf files- Diagram of rear tail gate door and Wiring Diagram for wipers for Sedan and Station Wagon. If anyone who has a station wagon of the same model and years, I will be most welcome to send copies of these Pdf files.

Can't compalin about the service (except the manual book), and now I have a contact if I come across further problems relating to the station wagon.

Ozz