05 V6 Camry ENGINE OIL

YTCD

Hi guys, I am the new member in here.

I just got a 05 Camry V6 from my friend. The car need service soon. I not sure which oil is better.

1) Penrite HPR 5 (Semi-Synthetic)

2) Nulon 10W-40 (Full Synthetic)

Other then above. Is it hv any other better choice in the market?

Welcome YTCD,

It may depend on how many K's the car has done, to what grade of oil. Even though my car is a '99 model, it has only got 111,000 K's. I recently had it serviced after purchase and I use Valvoline Armour 10-40W. I mainly do inner city driving and only about 9,000 K's in a year, so I wanted a slightly heavier oil for the stop starting that I do.

I think it is just personal choice regarding the Brand. I'm not sure if there is much difference between them other then full or semi synthetic oil.

Ozz

Thanks for your info! Ozz

The car driven 89,000 KM already. According to the log book, the next service will be 90,000 KM.

I will use the car 90% in the city areas and only 10% on the freeway.

I have been using Mobil 1 5-50w (full synthetic, Grade IV) my 1mzfe for the last 40,000km and i don't suffer from much oil consumption.

It is expensive but i am happy with how it runs and I shall continue to use it.

Thanks for your info! Ozz

The car driven 89,000 KM already. According to the log book, the next service will be 90,000 KM.

I will use the car 90% in the city areas and only 10% on the freeway.

I have been using Mobil 1 5-50w (full synthetic, Grade IV) my 1mzfe for the last 40,000km and i don't suffer from much oil consumption.

It is expensive but i am happy with how it runs and I shall continue to use it.

When I was in the US for 6 years about 7 years ago, I used to get my 95 Honda Accord serviced at Wal-Mart Lube Express. No matter what City or Town I was in I could always get the same service done for the same price of $30US. That included Mobil 1 Full Synthetic, Oil filter, tyre rotation, and a 15 point safety check. I was spoilt. :) Just checked the Wal-mart web site, and it now cost $55 for Penzoil Semi- or Full Synthetic with everything else still included. How we are so ripped off here in Australia. Ah the good days.

Edited by Ozzcaddy

Is there any NOTICEABLE difference with grade 3 and grade 4 synthetic oil? I was looking at Castrol edge which is a grade 3 and i was wondering if there is any disadvantage to a grade 4 oil.

I really couldn't tell you, but here is what Mobil has to say about different oil Groups (sorry, I said 'grade' instead of 'group'):

http://www.mobil.com/Australia-English/LCW/Audiences/Synthetic_V_Mineral.asp

Hi guys, I am the new member in here.

I just got a 05 Camry V6 from my friend. The car need service soon. I not sure which oil is better.

1) Penrite HPR 5 (Semi-Synthetic)

2) Nulon 10W-40 (Full Synthetic)

Other then above. Is it hv any other better choice in the market?

My car is a 1999 V6 Vienta with 176000+ks on the clock I recently switched over to Nulon 10/40 have not used any oil, have not experienced any problems other than the oil discoloring a bit more than usual, which I expected and is a consequence of the fully synthetic oil doing a better job. Suggest doing an early oil change after the first refill, just to keep things right. By the way the car had been using Castrol Magnetec semi synthetic until then, which I understand is used by many, if not most dealers. Oh and I my mechanic did run an engine flush through first. I've used the same Mechanic for the past 20 years. He's fully Qualified,knows what he is doing and agreed the swap would be fine.