Lowering corolla ZRE152

pezzie

Well im planning to get my corolla (ZRE152) lowered but i cant really make up my mind.

What i want is for the car to be level but not too low.

The choices i've got are as follows:

King springs low with reset rears or Lovells low fronts and superlow rears

Pros: Price, sufficient for what i need

Cons: Non adjustable, shocks may wear out very quick

Pedders Coilovers

Pros: Performance, Adjustable

Cons: Price, i wont use the coilovers to its full potential

What im thinking is if the shocks wear out within 6 months id rather go coilovers.

I drive my car through a main road where im usually going 60-70km through train tracks which im thinking will kill my shocks. I will also be driving the car on stockies

help! its such hard decision lol

Edited by pezzie

If you don't want to go too low then I suggest Lovells low/super low will make it sit flat..

Had my factory shocks in for 2+ years with lows and reset rears and are still fine... Are you in Syd?

thanks juvenile! im down in melbourne so im guessing the streets are quite similar? The only thing that concerns me are train tracks and tram tracks which make the ride a bit bumpy.

I was quite set on the lovells lows and superlows but then seeing a thread about leaking shocks got me thinking again

No probs just asking cos if you were in Syd you could get Kmac progressive rate springs custom made to the height you wanted. They post Worldwide anyway if interested.. Ive heard alot about stock shocks not lasting but I had that problem just the once in my AE92 which was about 60mm lower and reset twice, even they went for 100000km before they leaked and to be honest just the one shock leaked..

Been to Mel heaps of times and the tracks were no prob for me. I cross train tracks here on my way to work,go over them with my coilies and no prob,still feels like it did with springs. I go over them at speed limit while I see 4WD's slow down for them like their lowered :lol: :lol: ****ers

thanks juvenile! im down in melbourne so im guessing the streets are quite similar? The only thing that concerns me are train tracks and tram tracks which make the ride a bit bumpy.

I was quite set on the lovells lows and superlows but then seeing a thread about leaking shocks got me thinking again

Just my 2 cents. I use to live on Melbourne and the the road quality are one of the things I miss. Not generalizing Sydney, but I haven't found a comparison to Parramatta Road. So I can honestly say you should be fine driving over a set of train track let alone tram tracks which are even smaller.

Where about are you from in Melbourne?

Just my 2 cents. I use to live on Melbourne and the the road quality are one of the things I miss. Not generalizing Sydney, but I haven't found a comparison to Parramatta Road. So I can honestly say you should be fine driving over a set of train track let alone tram tracks which are even smaller.

Where about are you from in Melbourne?

awesome, im up in the north so usually around coburg, thomastown where the roads are quite good

if u find driving in melb is crap then i think u should think twice as syd rd are just shocking compared to other states. I got coilovers on my car and they do fine over train tracks unless by all means if the tracks are like uneven grounding then it will be abit bumpyy but just go at a reasonable speed :P

Hahaha up to you (little or younger) Peter (WAY TOO MANY PETERS :P). If you want to see how coilovers are, ask me or tomee and we'll happily show you. If you want how springs are, ask any of the other ZRE boys. :)

My kings will still be sitting here.. :whistling: Haha!

P.s. when are you free this week? I want to colour-code my front lip!! (and excuse not to do work) :spiteful:

Peter.

yeah im set, lovells lows and superlows :D

or maybe i'll just grab your springs dwee and reset the rears....

i'll get back to you, i've got work everyday besides on the weekend and an assignment to do