Yaris Rear Bumper

joanne_1018

Hi,

I recently was involved in a minor accident with a 2009-2010 yaris hatchback (i myself own a yaris hatchback and it was my fault) and his rear bumper was damaged. It honestly looks like a cut max 30cm long.

I just want to know if i could have damaged his beaver (however you spell it), as he wants to charge me $1800 for the damage, when i called a toyota dealer and they said the only reason it could cost that much is if he had reverse sensors (which he doesnt)

I know its hard without pictures (stupid me forgot to take pics of his car) just need someone to explain these beavers or reinforcers that his repairs keep talking about!!!! Or even a website that shows exactly where these beavers are located on the bumper.

• 2 weeks later...

The rear beaver panel is the metal panel behind the plastic bumper bar. If the bumper was pushed in far enough, then the beaver panel might have gotten damaged. To repair that, they normally remove the bumper, unstitch the rear metal panels and replace them with a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I recently was involved in a minor accident with a 2009-2010 yaris hatchback (i myself own a yaris hatchback and it was my fault) and his rear bumper was damaged. It honestly looks like a cut max 30cm long.

I just want to know if i could have damaged his beaver (however you spell it), as he wants to charge me $1800 for the damage, when i called a toyota dealer and they said the only reason it could cost that much is if he had reverse sensors (which he doesnt)

I know its hard without pictures (stupid me forgot to take pics of his car) just need someone to explain these beavers or reinforcers that his repairs keep talking about!!!! Or even a website that shows exactly where these beavers are located on the bumper.

I had an accident last week. My front bumper cover and the reinforcement (the metal behind the cover) were damaged as well. It cost me $900 to fix them (new bumper and reinforcement were used).