Leaking shock

Synthetic05

My right front shock is leaking, ive been told to replace it soon. Im most likely to go to Toyota to get it done (i rather toyota parts) but i need some advice. My car has done about 63000 kms, should i replace both the front shocks or just the leaking one? Im not sure if this matters too much, but the car has been serviced about every 5000 kms.

Thanks.

Always replace shocks in pairs (as in front pair or rear pair) and never individually.

Personally, you can most likely save yourself some coin by getting some aftermarket OEM replacements like those offered by KYB etc.

Always replace shocks in pairs (as in front pair or rear pair) and never individually.

Personally, you can most likely save yourself some coin by getting some aftermarket OEM replacements like those offered by KYB etc.

Yes to both points.

If you aren't looking for a performance shock, the KYB Excel-G shocks are a very good choice and are cheaper than the Toyota Genuine.

• 5 months later...

Depending on the cost involved if performance shocks are only a little bit more they may be a good investment as they are usually of a heavier duty grade and leave u open to a spring upgrade down the track without have to replace the shocks for a second time. Just a suggestion :)