Tyota rercall - is Camry Affected?

K8Canb

I have heard unconfirmed reports about Avalon being included in the recall because of brake master cylinder leaks.

Daily telegraph says only Kluger and Lexus are affected. I have heard on radio someone mentioning Avalon is involved in the recall.

I know that Avalon and Camry V6 were built on the same manufacturing line and they share few components too. I have Gen 5 2005 Camry Altise V6.

Can someone from the dealership contact confirm about the possible involvement of V6 Camry please?

Thanks in advance.

K8Canb

Don't you just love how the moment there is word of a recall, everyone starts asking the question... again and again on the forums.

Go here and keep an eye on it if you are affected. Considering it was updated today and doesn't mention the Camry, you would think you are fine in the meantime because this is direct from Toyota:

Toyota Recall Updates

I have heard unconfirmed reports about Avalon being included in the recall because of brake master cylinder leaks.

Daily telegraph says only Kluger and Lexus are affected. I have heard on radio someone mentioning Avalon is involved in the recall.

I know that Avalon and Camry V6 were built on the same manufacturing line and they share few components too. I have Gen 5 2005 Camry Altise V6.

Can someone from the dealership contact confirm about the possible involvement of V6 Camry please?

Thanks in advance.

K8Canb

If your Camry is affected, it will be likely that you will receive the recall notice in the mail.

But given that the master brake cylinders on the 36 series Camry (pre and post facelift) are different part numbers and physically different to the 20 and 30 series Avalons I wouldn't lose too much sleep while waiting for a recall notice that *probably* won't be sent to you.

edit: Dammit Daryl, give me a chance to look up ToyoDIY man.

Edited by Andrew357

Don't you just love how the moment there is word of a recall, everyone starts asking the question... again and again on the forums.

Go here and keep an eye on it if you are affected. Considering it was updated today and doesn't mention the Camry, you would think you are fine in the meantime because this is direct from Toyota:

Toyota Recall Updates

Thanks for your rreply DJKOR and Andrew.

K8Canb

Toyota Recall Updates

Thanks for your rreply DJKOR and Andrew.

K8Canb

i reiterate, only vehicles affected by this brake master cylinder recall is MCU28 Kluges and RX330 Lexus. MCX10 Avalon, MCV36 and ACV40 Camry along with GSV40 Aurion are all fine nothing to worry about even though they share components with their American cousins.