Shipping Yaris to UK

Hi there, I am relocating to the UK and wanted to find out if I could ship my 2007 Yaris over? Does anyone have any experience or recommendation as to whether the Yaris can go on the road in England?

Many thanks

It probably can, but why not buy a yaris over there... surely it would be cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was there a few years ago a mate of mine would buy a new used car every year, and he'd never pay more than 1000 pounds - the last one he bought was a nissan maxima with 50k miles on the clock - he paid 400 pounds ($640) for it. He used to just leave them by the side of the road when he'd had enough of them and buy a new one. Cars are disposable items in the UK, shipping a car to the UK would be crazy.

You have something going for you and that is the steering wheel is on the right side and they drive on the same side as we do. Not sure if they use for the speedometer Mph or Kph (small thing). Watching one of those UK Police reality shows, where they pulled over a driver and he had no car insurance (missed a payment). Apparently that's a Big No No, and it's worth 6 points and a huge fine in pounds. Insurance is very expensive.

I would do some research on all that.

The leaving of cars on the side of the road is not common to the UK, it has become a big problem here in Sydney with backpackers.

You have something going for you and that is the steering wheel is on the right side and they drive on the same side as we do. Not sure if they use for the speedometer Mph or Kph (small thing). Watching one of those UK Police reality shows, where they pulled over a driver and he had no car insurance (missed a payment). Apparently that's a Big No No, and it's worth 6 points and a huge fine in pounds. Insurance is very expensive.

I would do some research on all that.

The leaving of cars on the side of the road is not common to the UK, it has become a big problem here in Sydney with backpackers.

according to Top Gear UK, i think they still use the old mp/h.