Auto gearbox in 2008 Sportivo

I have recently purchased a Camry Sportivo 2008 model with the 2.4ltr and 5 speed auto. I have noticed that when you are traveling at a steady speed and you touch the brake the rmp incresses by about 12oo rpm even if you are idling down a hill is this something to do with the talk converter in the gearbox or is this standard for the Sportivo. Not sure but was told that the electronic system in the gearbox has sensors (Fuzzy Logic)fitted so the gearbox stores memories of how you or other people have driven the vehicle. Is this true and if so can you reset the gearbox. The only other minor problem is sometimes after using the washer wippers then leaving the car parked overnight on a level surface, I come out to find that the system has dumped all the water onto the ground from the washer storage bottle. I have had it checked and pressure tested but no fault can be found. Any one else with a simular problem?

I have recently purchased a Camry Sportivo 2008 model with the 2.4ltr and 5 speed auto. I have noticed that when you are traveling at a steady speed and you touch the brake the rmp incresses by about 12oo rpm even if you are idling down a hill is this something to do with the talk converter in the gearbox or is this standard for the Sportivo.

Not saying this is the exact answer but I figured I may say what I think is happening. When you are cruising along at a steady speed, you will most likely be in 5th gear which is the second overdrive gear. When you press the breaks, I would imagine the gearbox will drop down a gear to 4th which will be closer to the 1:1 gear ratio (0.97:1 to be exact for your car). This makes braking more efficient in terms that your engine will have more of a part in it than if you were in 5th.

One way to check this theory is to manually put your transmission into 4th and cruise along at a steady pace like you mentioned. Then touch the brakes like you mentioned and see if it does the same.

Part of the above also comes from the lock-up torque converter, but this only causes a couple of hundred RPM increase when disengaging.

Not sure but was told that the electronic system in the gearbox has sensors (Fuzzy Logic)fitted so the gearbox stores memories of how you or other people have driven the vehicle. Is this true and if so can you reset the gearbox.

You can reset your ECU and transmission ECU by disconnecting your battery for 10 minutes or so. Just search the forum here for the ECU reset procedure. Just remember though that your ECU is always learning anyways, so it's not really going to store anything drastic in it.

The only other minor problem is sometimes after using the washer wippers then leaving the car parked overnight on a level surface, I come out to find that the system has dumped all the water onto the ground from the washer storage bottle. I have had it checked and pressure tested but no fault can be found. Any one else with a simular problem?

All the water as in you find 4 litres or so on the ground after parking? If so, that is something pretty serious and should be looked at. Otherwise, how much water are you looking at? How soon after washing your windscreen did you park? If not a very short time, were you using your A/C?