Towing

stevo1210

I'm wondering about towing rates for towing a car approximately 35KMs to its new "home"? Basically, me and some friends at university are buying a project car (a run down one) where we will try to attempt an engine transplant, modify it etc. and get it running again. We've opted for an EK Honda Civic and planning for a K20 conversion etc... and possibly put this one on the race track too. :)

Anyway, we've found one which we think is okay... it has no structural damage just some light panel damage and lots of KM's... nearly 300,000KMs or so... at least it's a 5 speed lol. But it has no rego, as with many run down cars... so we're obviously gonna have to tow it home. So I've worked out that from Bella Vista to Marrickville is approximately 35KMs.

Would anyone be able to tell me approximately how much this is gonna cost us? or suggest a cheap towing company?

There was another option of getting an unregistered vehicle permit for $19 and some CTP but i doubt it'd pass the inspection checks... and it's a manual and the only guy who can drive a manual on our team is on a learners permit. So... we're pretty stuck.

I'm wondering about towing rates for towing a car approximately 35KMs to its new "home"? Basically, me and some friends at university are buying a project car (a run down one) where we will try to attempt an engine transplant, modify it etc. and get it running again. We've opted for an EK Honda Civic and planning for a K20 conversion etc... and possibly put this one on the race track too. :)

Anyway, we've found one which we think is okay... it has no structural damage just some light panel damage and lots of KM's... nearly 300,000KMs or so... at least it's a 5 speed lol. But it has no rego, as with many run down cars... so we're obviously gonna have to tow it home. So I've worked out that from Bella Vista to Marrickville is approximately 35KMs.

Would anyone be able to tell me approximately how much this is gonna cost us? or suggest a cheap towing company?

There was another option of getting an unregistered vehicle permit for $19 and some CTP but i doubt it'd pass the inspection checks... and it's a manual and the only guy who can drive a manual on our team is on a learners permit. So... we're pretty stuck.

Know anyone with a 4x4 or ute or something else that can tow a trailer? if so, go hire a trailer for a few hours, should be under $100 from a servo.

Yeah also forgot... kinda on my P's at the moment, so maximum allowable towing weight is 250KGs and no higher. Car is over 1000KGs + trailer so no go, even if we had access to a ute or 4x4.

Yeah also forgot... kinda on my P's at the moment, so maximum allowable towing weight is 250KGs and no higher. Car is over 1000KGs + trailer so no go, even if we had access to a ute or 4x4.

really? what a lame law. I dont think we have that in qld.

Well i guess you will need to hire a towing company.

G'day mate...i worked for a towing yard here in Vic for a couple of years and our cheapest tow was $80 + GST and that was for anything upto 26km's.

this pricing is about 18mths old and from a towing company in Melbourne,but i can't see it being too much more for 35km's and being in Sydney.

give a few of them a call today and see what you come up with.

Alright. Thanks guys. I'll give a range of companies a call sometime during the week. :)

Towing is just one problem for now... we have another few to jump lol. Such as parking an un-registered car on marrickville streets since we live in apartments and alike or whose gonna move and wash it every few days so that it doesn't look like a suss car haha.

i paid, $80, for 3km... had to pay it.. gearbox blew and had no choice.. as for 35km, idunno say 130 or something, if u can afford a k20 engine conversion, u can afford towing, stop being cheap and do it already