Ebay and Pay Pal Nigerian Scammers

Ronnyboy

Thought id post this here just so all the Ebayers here are safe :)

Looks like the Nigerians are back into business scamming ebay sellers.

What these Nigerians do is bid on a Item for sale on ebay, then send the seller a phoney Paypal email stating that the Buyer has made the payment, the payment has been withheld until the item is shipped. Once Shipping number is provided, payment will appear in your account.

Total Trash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my relos sold an Iphone on ebay and received a similar scammy email. Luckily she told me about it before posting it and i told her its a definate Scam.... After doing some research online this is what i found;

Heres the article

Thought id post this here just so all the Ebayers here are safe :)

Looks like the Nigerians are back into business scamming ebay sellers.

What these Nigerians do is bid on a Item for sale on ebay, then send the seller a phoney Paypal email stating that the Buyer has made the payment, the payment has been withheld until the item is shipped. Once Shipping number is provided, payment will appear in your account.

Total Trash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my relos sold an Iphone on ebay and received a similar scammy email. Luckily she told me about it before posting it and i told her its a definate Scam.... After doing some research online this is what i found;

Heres the article

Woah..

Lucky all I use ebay for is to buy things.

For all other sellers, never post the item till you have the money. Period.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I'll ever sell on Ebay. My boyfriend lost a big fat $600 to a scammer. (He was selling his hard to find collectable 12" figures.)

It wasn't the scam you're talking about though, it was an individual loser who resells everything he buys. In other words a scalper! I'm ranting, but it still makes me mad to KNOW this guy got the items, 600 dollars, AND got to resell the items he basically STOLE. =_= I hope karma exists.

On a similar note, I'm ALWAYS getting scam emails trying to steal my WoW details/account, I think it's funny in a way but you really have to be careful. The poor english is always a dead give away. "Your account is many complains from other players and is suspended in 24 hours unless you reply to this message." <--- YEAH SURE IT IS! Hahaha :D

On a similar note, I'm ALWAYS getting scam emails trying to steal my WoW details/account, I think it's funny in a way but you really have to be careful. The poor english is always a dead give away. "Your account is many complains from other players and is suspended in 24 hours unless you reply to this message." <--- YEAH SURE IT IS! Hahaha :D

There are so many people who get Conned by those emails.

Rule number one.... Never give your Personal Information/password out to "ANYONE"

EDIT: This includes Internet, email, Netbank login, Paypal, Ebay.. Oh yeah and TOCAU :P

There are so many people who get Conned by those emails.

Rule number one.... Never give your Personal Information/password out to "ANYONE"

EDIT: This includes Internet, email, Netbank login, Paypal, Ebay.. Oh yeah and TOCAU :P

Hahaha! Yep. It goes without saying I never give out such details. I feel sorry for anyone who does get tricked, though... you'd think anyone would see through those poorly written emails :S

poverty and hardship leads to such things not only in those areas and but in other areas of the world these days as inflation occurs regularly. its like we're donating money to them. luckily i never use eBay.