Locked Out of my Kluger

Princess

Hi, today when I got out of my Kluger at the shopping centre and locked the car it made some sort of odd beeping noise that I haven't heard before. I checked to see if the doors had actually locked and they had so off I went. When I got back to the car I pressed the unlock button on the remote and opened the boot to load the groceries, meanwhile the kids got into the back seat and buckled up. When I went to get in the drivers side door it wouldn't open. I tried the remote a few more times but nothing happened - my door would not unlock. I opened the back doors, the boot and even the front passenger door, but the drivers side door would not unlock. I even got my son to climb into the front seat to try and unlock the door but it would not budge. I thought I was going to have to climb through the front passenger seat to drive home. Eventually after about half an hour of locking & unlocking the doors it finally opened. Anyone have any idea what happened?

Hi Princess

This sounds like my 2004 commodore. The drivers side door solenoid which locks and unlocks the door failed (twice) and required replacing (luckily under warranty). The sound that the car made was to inform you that there is a problem with the locking system and requires attention. Take it to your Toyota dealer and they should replace it. Hope this helps...

Ash

• 4 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me in the first couple of days of the new Kluger....when the dealer sent the Kluger out to have the front windows tinted the tinting guys didnt put the wiring back properly as they had to take door panel off to put the tint on fully.

Could be something as simple as that!?

• 1 year later...

Hi guys how did you go with problem of the drivers door not unlocking, was it a solenoid or was it somthing not pluged in properly, or did the locking system it self had be reprogramed, to me the problem sounds like what freewuns said the solenoid on the driversdoor playing up, I had the same problem with territory, you would unlock the car and all other doors would unlock except the drivers door, it turned out the it was the solenoid in the lock of the drivers door , let me tell you it was imbarissing trying to climb in to the driver seat from the passanger side while everyone looking at you in shopping centre car park, luckly the territory was fixed under warranty, so im not sure what the repair cost was, I dont know if its the same thing causing the kluger to do it or not, but I would like to know so I look forward to the feed back.