Shiny dashboard!

Seby123

Hi guys,

one thing that always annoyed me about my 2007 corolla is the dashboard. The dealership i bought it from must have applied some stuff to make it shine...but i hate it. It kinda blocks your view and its all greasy.

I tried wiping it with Pine-o-clean which made some grease go away. But the shine is still there. Anyone got tips on how to get rid of this?

Thanks.

Clean it with some water with a little bit of dish-washing detergent mixed in. This will help strip the oils off it. I would highly suggest going over it again though with a low gloss dash protector like Meguiar's Gold Class Dash & Trim Foam Protectant.

Otherwise, polarised sunglasses make a huge difference.

Hi guys,

one thing that always annoyed me about my 2007 corolla is the dashboard. The dealership i bought it from must have applied some stuff to make it shine...but i hate it. It kinda blocks your view and its all greasy.

I tried wiping it with Pine-o-clean which made some grease go away. But the shine is still there. Anyone got tips on how to get rid of this?

Thanks.

Bring it round to the phat man (me), he can fix it...............just like bob the builder ;)

ok, so my little fix worked.

Terry Towel Cloth, & Mother's showtime: This removed all the shiny ugly stuff from the dash (i'm guessing amour all *sick*)

Terry Towel Cloth & Mother Dash Protector : Applied about 2-3 times as the plastics just soaked it up until it a nice matte finish :)

Sorry, no pics

just wondering for zre dash, what would be the best cleaning products to put on it ?

MC, This comes down to a personal preference in cleaning products. i use all mothers gear and dont a have a problem with them (used to fix the OP's issue)

Stay away from amour all, otherwise any other product should be.

just wondering for zre dash, what would be the best cleaning products to put on it ?

Meguiars interior detail for me, no glossy finish, just clean especially with that weird powdery feel and scratch prone dash..

Armour all pfft that's soooo last season :lol: