Buying a new Aurion Sportivo

SushiBoy

Hi guys i'm new to the forum, I'm currently in the market for a second hand sx6 or zr6 and i need some advice, i started with 5 different cars and narrowed it down to the aurion (reliability, fuel economy, looks, performance, accesories etc).

Firstly, I have considered the Accord Euro, Mazda 6, VE SV6, BF XR6 and toyota camry. I'm in my mid 20s so i have a tendency to go for a big powerful V6 cars :spiteful: the SV6 and XR6 are both good looking cars, but the general opinion is that they are not as reliable as toyota and drink more fuel when driven normally (especially in city driving). I hope i made the right choice? lol i feel kinda silly asking this in a toyota forum, but from what i'v seen this is a great community, better than some of the other ones i'v been to.

ok so i'm looking at carsales.com.au, and focusing on dealers rather than private sales (for peace of mind), i would like to know is there anything i should be aware of when buying the car, any particular problems to look out for that are easy to spot? as this is the first time i'm buying a second hand car, my last car was a magna :P, goes smooth for a everyday driving car but gets boring.

my budget is roughly $20-23K, also, what warranties should i look for? if any. i'm a little confused between the different types of warranties they throw at you.

should i also avoid modded cars and go for the stock ones?

what colour generally looks good on the sportivo? Silver? I'v been told to avoid black as they dun look that good on sportivo and makes it look smaller? (i can wash my car every weekend so keeping it clean is not a big problem) what about blue?

this is kinda stressful so many factors have to be considered, after eliminating all those other cars, phew.

please any adviced would be highly appreciated :D thanx

Hi SushiBoy,

Great choice with the Aurion, ive had Holden and Mitsubishi and must say the Aurion craps all over them in terms of ride and comfort and economy. Just make sure it has been well serviced by a reputable mechanic and that everything works, get in push buttons adjust everything and so on. I was offered a 3 year dealer extended warranty which virtually only covered drive train etc which I thought was great until I saw the finance guy who said he could do better and for $1500 i got 3 year full factory extended warranty.

Modded cars are ok if it is what you like or go for a standard one and plan your own mods ( there is heaps on this forum ) and as for color its really a personal choice, I personally like white but as I said its a personal thing so choose one that you are happy with.

Good luck with the shopping and hope to see some pics once you pick one out :yahoo:

Cheers

Peter

Hi guys i'm new to the forum, I'm currently in the market for a second hand sx6 or zr6 and i need some advice, i started with 5 different cars and narrowed it down to the aurion (reliability, fuel economy, looks, performance, accesories etc).

Firstly, I have considered the Accord Euro, Mazda 6, VE SV6, BF XR6 and toyota camry. I'm in my mid 20s so i have a tendency to go for a big powerful V6 cars :spiteful: the SV6 and XR6 are both good looking cars, but the general opinion is that they are not as reliable as toyota and drink more fuel when driven normally (especially in city driving). I hope i made the right choice? lol i feel kinda silly asking this in a toyota forum, but from what i'v seen this is a great community, better than some of the other ones i'v been to.

ok so i'm looking at carsales.com.au, and focusing on dealers rather than private sales (for peace of mind), i would like to know is there anything i should be aware of when buying the car, any particular problems to look out for that are easy to spot? as this is the first time i'm buying a second hand car, my last car was a magna :P, goes smooth for a everyday driving car but gets boring.

my budget is roughly $20-23K, also, what warranties should i look for? if any. i'm a little confused between the different types of warranties they throw at you.

should i also avoid modded cars and go for the stock ones?

what colour generally looks good on the sportivo? Silver? I'v been told to avoid black as they dun look that good on sportivo and makes it look smaller? (i can wash my car every weekend so keeping it clean is not a big problem) what about blue?

this is kinda stressful so many factors have to be considered, after eliminating all those other cars, phew.

please any adviced would be highly appreciated :D thanx

hi and welcome to the club, yes you'll notice were a pretty supportive club with plenty of free flowing info, is regarded as one of the better owners club kicking about. You really can’t go to wrong with the Aurion, Mazda 6 and accord are both fine cars but if you’re looking for something that actually can move its **** than there not for you. Aurion is a great choice as they do offer al the tradition Toyota benefits over their Australian rivals plus not mention the quickest most refined N/A six. There are no real issues with Aurion and by now the little niggles would of been fixed under warranty however some of these niggles to look out for are a dash rattle that appears to either come from behind the glove box or where the dash meets the windscreen. Make sure there is a recall sticker on the A pillar where you open the driver’s door this is to prove the VVT-i oil pipe has been replaced. some transmission seem to do this flaring thing occasionally but again cars that exhibited this issue would of had the new "series 2 update" ECU put in them but other than that they seem to be pretty bulletproof. It sounds like you tend to look after your cars so im doubtful the Aurion would give you any sleepless night and if your Magna owner than I’m sure having over 200kw heading to the front won't worry you.

As for Colours i guess it's really a personal thing, not sure about your area but there are ALOT of silver Sportivo's in my area so personally would have one just for that reason. There are two blue colours available Caribbean (colour of my car which there was only a limited number of Sportivo ZR6's made in) and reef which is that "teal" sort of colour. But yeah really a personal thing.

Oh and yeah many dealer warranties that come with used cars tend to only cover the major things and up to the value of $3000 per problem/issue, you can of course upgrade to a premium package for some coin but an even better option is to find a car that has had the 6 year warranty ticked from new :)

thanx for the reply peeps, i ended up with a Silver Aurion ZR6, couldn't be happier, it's even opetioned with a sunroof, i tell ya these things are DAMN fast, great rev response, light steering wheel, i almost felt unsafe on the way home lol, takes a bit of getting used, been driving the magna too long i guess :P

there was also a YUMMY Aurion presaro there, but it was out of my price range unfortuantely. BUT i'm very happy with my purchase, the Aurion is a great car, can't go wrong with it.

I'm too excited now, will be back later :spiteful:

thanx for the reply peeps, i ended up with a Silver Aurion ZR6, couldn't be happier, it's even opetioned with a sunroof, i tell ya these things are DAMN fast, great rev response, light steering wheel, i almost felt unsafe on the way home lol, takes a bit of getting used, been driving the magna too long i guess :P

there was also a YUMMY Aurion presaro there, but it was out of my price range unfortuantely. BUT i'm very happy with my purchase, the Aurion is a great car, can't go wrong with it.

your aurion is almost identical as mine (mine's in silver and has a sunroof as well), but its a pre-facelift? congrats though on the purchase.

Congrats on choosing a ZR6..its a really good car..im sure you will have lots of fun with it and enjoy the drive everyday..i had the option of getting a Presara but I still went for the sportivo because I simply love the body kit and looks of this one..im guessing yours is the new face-lift one?

Nice purchase :D Welcome to the club. I was in the same sort of boat, between an XR6, SS and Aurion. I have never felt more right about choosing my Aurion Touring and have had many good memories with her :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sorry for the late reply been busy lately. :P

i have the pre face-lift model (2007 to be exact), it's a good looking car indeed, before i considered the aurion i always thought the commodores and the Xr6s are sexy, but the more i look at my aurion the better it gets, the look just grows on you hehe :spiteful:

it is a second hand car so it is not perfect, but it is in great condition, considering it's done about 79,000km, price is reasonable, my next step is to take it to a mechanic and change all the fluids in it who knows how long it's been sitting with the dealer. what do you think?

i will probably do a bit of mod here and there, starting with a new aftermarket head unit with GPS/DVD. my last magna had a really good aftermarket exhaust which sounded great, nice deep growl down low when i step on it, i'm still getting used to the super quietness of the Aurion :lol: