Toyota 2.9% finance promotion

Hey guys,

My girlfriend is thinking of buying a Corolla Ascent this weekend during the 2.9% promotion. RRP driveaway price is $27k. We're hoping to bargain it down to $25k and have the $20k thru the finance.

Just a couple of questions:

1. The deal seems too good to be true.. Are there any catches?

2. What sort of prices are people getting their 2010 Corollas for?

Thanks in advance

Genuine cheap rates. Its actually Toyota Australia funding it, not Toyota Finance. Its because of excess stock of Corolla accents, Yaris Yr and a model of Camry that i cant remember. Excess stock, i mean heaps of excess, has forced Toyota's hand. I would jump at it. I think its just about to end so dont wait around too long!

i too enquired about this for my wifes car.

the finance is over 4 years only, therefore the monthly repayments are the same or similar

to normal finance over a period of 5 years with a lower baloon payment.

the 2.9% only applies to new cars only and not demos.

if you buy now chances are its a 2010 model.

the other thing is they will try and get full price for the car...too not much bargain power considering you getting 2.9%

its only the base model Accent, not the conquest or ZR.

this i what i experienced...in december.

my suggestion is , go to the auctions get the same model for about $17000 and its only 1 year old with low kms.

you still have warranty left over and save close to $10000 from RRP price.

You should be able to nag it down to 24K, Make sure you try a few dealers and leave your contact numbers at all of them.

The 2.9% offer is on till 31 Jan 2011 so you still have just over 2 weeks.

we bought one in november with the deal it was a good deal. over the 4 year loan the interest is only $1200 so $300 a year interest.

got to choose what ever colour we wanted and all the extras we wanted to add to it too.

go and haggle its the best thing to get what u want!!

got our down to $26 but got the mags thrown in and wheels and many other stuff.

p.s. havent had time to post up a members ride thread but will do a cruise shortly so we can take the new car for a drive.

Thanks for the replies guys. Im assuming the 2010 is the prefacelift model and the 2011 is the facelift? If so, can i request to have the 2011 model or is the promotion only for 2010

The GF really like the conquest model but it is not offered in the promotion. You reckon its possible they can throw in moonroof, alloys, and premium steering wheel/knob? Will be going to a dealership this weekend

we bought one in november with the deal it was a good deal. over the 4 year loan the interest is only $1200 so $300 a year interest.

got to choose what ever colour we wanted and all the extras we wanted to add to it too.

go and haggle its the best thing to get what u want!!

got our down to $26 but got the mags thrown in and wheels and many other stuff.

p.s. havent had time to post up a members ride thread but will do a cruise shortly so we can take the new car for a drive.

Hey MM, that sounds good. We are definitely buying a Corolla. Just want to gauge what sort of price we're looking at so the dealership doesn't rip us off. Could you please PM me where you got your car from ie dealership and what extras were given to you?

Thanks

I was about a inch away from getting that, it works out over 4 years if you have payed it, me and the dealer worked out to be ill be paying only $1400 on interest but then again i also thought 28grand an Ascent in the long wrong its a waste of money ! i rather get a nice levin for that much! but its good for te people that are on a tight budget

we got the current shaped one with the blinkers on the side mirrors. bought ours from castle hill toyota as they sponsor TOCAU. you can have what ever you want if they have stock if they don't make them find you one with everything you want. YOU are the customer. and don't forget to tell them the price that YOU want to pay not telll you what they want!! hehehe

I was fussy with what colour i wanted and i wanted manual so made them find me one!! hehehe

If they want the sale they will find you one

Thanks for the tip. After a graphite coloured one in auto. Will be asking for a 2011 model as i don't want manual windows in the rear (its the year 2011 FFS). My GF is a shocking parker, do these come with reverse sensor or as an option?

Thanks again guys, pls keep them coming

Thanks for the tip. After a graphite coloured one in auto. Will be asking for a 2011 model as i don't want manual windows in the rear (its the year 2011 FFS). My GF is a shocking parker, do these come with reverse sensor or as an option?

Thanks again guys, pls keep them coming

it's standard now we have power windows in the whole car. mirrors even fold in when u want theres a button on the right of the steering wheel. even though our was bought in november the code on rego is MY11

Just sook till you get what you want

GF got the Ascent auto yesterday for $23850 driveaway with mats and reverse sensor. I think thats a pretty good deal

+ 1 - Thats a great deal, Especially if you got it with the 2.9% finance :)

GF got the Ascent auto yesterday for $23850 driveaway with mats and reverse sensor. I think thats a pretty good deal

+ 1 - Thats a great deal, Especially if you got it with the 2.9% finance :)

Sure did! Its actually 2.06% for consumer and 2.9% for business. Just wished all new cars had this option!

My mate just bought a 2011 corolla on the 2.9% finance. He picked his up with leather seats and tinted windows. All up it cost him $23000. He got about 13 quotes before he opted to buy it from the warwick farm toyota dealership.

Eddie.

Leather seats? Don't think they offer that for the base model. Did he mean leather steering wheel/knob?

My mate just bought a 2011 corolla on the 2.9% finance. He picked his up with leather seats and tinted windows. All up it cost him $23000. He got about 13 quotes before he opted to buy it from the warwick farm toyota dealership.

Eddie.

Leather seats? Don't think they offer that for the base model. Did he mean leather steering wheel/knob?

That'd be right. If the ZREs had leather seat options, we 07-08'ers would have it long ago! Sif Levin ZR dont have leather seats. Gay

Leather seats are an option. No ZRE's are imported with leather seats. They are re-trimed here in AUS by another company. "Pantera" do all the leather work for the ZRE's. Its quite possible that the accent was floor stock that already had the leather trim as a demo/floor show car. Cost is just on or under 3K. Thats fronts, backs, headrests and door trim f/r. Normally local well trusted trimmers are used to install the re-trims. Im 99% sure its the same for MY11's, especially Ascents.

Leather seats are an option. No ZRE's are imported with leather seats. They are re-trimed here in AUS by another company. "Pantera" do all the leather work for the ZRE's. Its quite possible that the accent was floor stock that already had the leather trim as a demo/floor show car. Cost is just on or under 3K. Thats fronts, backs, headrests and door trim f/r. Normally local well trusted trimmers are used to install the re-trims. Im 99% sure its the same for MY11's, especially Ascents.

Just to clarify, he bought the ascent with the standard trim, then as an option he got toyota to put the leathers in. I didnt realise you were relating the leather seats as a factory standard.

I heard with VW's, that if you don't get the leather option with the car when you initially buy it(so they can put it on when they ship it out from Germany), it voids the warranty if you decided to put your own leather trim on it. I wonder why VW don't outsource their leather trim option in Australia. Is it true the dealership will have their license revoked?