Dealer sticker on rear window

Cooley

Anyone has any idea of how to remove the stupid dealer sticker on my rear glass :( This had been annoyed me since I got the car from day 1. I just didn't have the time to get rid of it. It sticks as a rock on the glass.

Any suggestion on tools to remove it without scatching the glass? I tried with my fingernail,doesn't really work. :(

Btw, I got my car from Chatswood Toyota, Sydney. :lol:

Edited by Cooley

Try removing the blade from a stanley knife (it must be very sharp!)

Slide it under the corner of the sticker and push it forward until there is enough sticker raised to grab with your fingers, slowly pull the sticker away with your fingers, still using the blade the help lift the part of the sticker that is still in contact with the glass. Remember not to push excessively hard on the glass with the blade.

Any sticky remains can be removed with eucalyptus or tea tree oil!

See how you go.

I used a hair dryer and tweezers to remove my vvtl-i stickers and that ugly dealer sticker on the rear window as some people had suggested this method. Heat it up and it should be alot easier to remove with no sticky remains depending how old the sticker is. Just remember it can get pretty hot!

Hopefully that helps.

I got my car from Chatswood as well. They put this ugly looking sticker on the back window. Yes, it's extremely hard to remove, but, as suggested, I used a blade to get under it and peel as much off with your fingers as possible. You have to go very slowly.

Once I got the sticker off, I used Windex and newspaper to get rid of the sticky stuff left behind. I soaked the sticky stuff with Windex, left it for about a minute (making sure it doesn't drip off the window either) then scrubbed really hard with the newspaper. I had to do this, probably about 5 or 6 times to get rid of it all!

Goodluck mate!

:D how about you use a hair dryer?

keep blowin on it till the sticker gets soft so you can peel it off usually comes off in a piece ;)  !!

good luck mate

:lol: cheers

lol may b next time i should read every ones reply before i gim me own lol!

blckzr already gave the same reply OOof lol :rolleyes:

Dide...

I'd be going back to the dealer and asking them to take it off unless they pay you for the free advertising that they have been recieving.

Every new car I have bought, the first thing I ask for is no stickers or number plate surrounds advertising their dealership as I havn't paid thousands of dollars to be thier free mobile advertising.

Never found a dealer sticker on my car yet...

Cheers

A :)

Thanks for the inputs, guys :D . I will give it a go. Probably will go with hairdrier + blade.

Will give some updates of how I go. :)

My car just looks like an idiot with that sticker on ~ :ph34r:

Edited by Cooley

I use a a little soapwater and only finger nails and it's out....

kelvin33, did you do it when your car was NEW ????

My car is 1 year old already, I got it in March 2004. I tried what you said when I was doing a car wash, but failed to remove it. :(

I use a a little soapwater and only finger nails and it's out....

kelvin33, did you do it when your car was NEW ????

My car is 1 year old already, I got it in March 2004. I tried what you said when I was doing a car wash, but failed to remove it. :(

I have left my sticker on and I receive discounted servicing,parts and free loan cars. Maybe you could strike a deal with Chatswood Toyota.

Regards,

Lauschie

Thanks for all the inputs guys.

I had finally removed the sticker but there are still lots of sticky things left. I will remove them soon.

I used a blade, hopefully I didn't scratch the glass. I tried the hair dryer, it works fine, however, I had to keep blowing to the spot for the sticker to stick in one piece, which make my finger d@mn hot. So, I ended up using the blade itself, and do it bit by bit. :P

• 2 months later...
Thanks for all the inputs guys.

I had finally removed the sticker but there are still lots of sticky things left. I will remove them soon.

I used a blade, hopefully I didn't scratch the glass. I tried the hair dryer, it works fine, however, I had to keep blowing to the spot for the sticker to stick in one piece, which make my finger d@mn hot. So, I ended up using the blade itself, and do it bit by bit. :P

i got minefrom chatswood as well

took about 5 mins .. i used a blade and windew .. cut it back and then sprayed the windex underneath and kept pushing.. then got a rag and metho and cleaned off the crap

i saw this on ... that tv series on saturday, that does that nifty house work and stuff and advertises new products and stuff.. i think its called bright ideas.

Get some old newspaper and add some meth spirits on it.. then place it on the sticker. leave there for a bit.. my guess is roughly 20 seconds. and presto it comes off. This was shown to remove those rego stickers... but hey.. same thing for this i guess. However warning using this method is up to you. :lol: iv used metho to clean my interior (levin plastic) and it cleans quite well on the troubled areas where cleaning is near impossible to scrub. Hope that helps B)