Alternator?

runxz

So im driving home the other day in traffic and my battery light comes on, then as i get on the power it goes out then off the power it comes back. So i reach where im going and turn of the car. When i come out to go home the car wont start. So i get a jump start and go home. In the morning i jump it again and go by my mechanic. He measures the volts on the battery as 13.8 so he says the alternator is charging and cleans the battery poles. we shut the car off and it starts normally. It has started normally since then. WTF is that. Could my alternator be going? Will the yankee alternators fit the RUNX.

So im driving home the other day in traffic and my battery light comes on, then as i get on the power it goes out then off the power it comes back. So i reach where im going and turn of the car. When i come out to go home the car wont start. So i get a jump start and go home. In the morning i jump it again and go by my mechanic. He measures the volts on the battery as 13.8 so he says the alternator is charging and cleans the battery poles. we shut the car off and it starts normally. It has started normally since then. WTF is that. Could my alternator be going? Will the yankee alternators fit the RUNX.

The fact that it has been fine since the battery terminals were cleaned to me indicates it was either (shock horror) dirty battery terminals, or they were a little bit loose. I've had a car struggle and then fail to start, or turn the accessories on but then die when you turn to start, and it was simply the terminals - both alternator and battery were in perfectly fine condition.

The fact that it has been fine since the battery terminals were cleaned to me indicates it was either (shock horror) dirty battery terminals, or they were a little bit loose. I've had a car struggle and then fail to start, or turn the accessories on but then die when you turn to start, and it was simply the terminals - both alternator and battery were in perfectly fine condition.

Thanks ill monitor it. When we checked the battery it was a little under charged so i put it on the battery charger to get a goo indication of whats the deal.