Camry 2002 MCV36R - remote control

kenku927

Hi

I am new here, just bought my camry 2002 v6.

The previous owner gave me 2 set of original factory keys and remotes controls. 1 of the remote control loss its rubber button, so im using the other set.

But it seems this rubber is wearing off and gonna distach soon too. is it normal for these remote button to fall off that easily? or just am i pressing too hard?

Can i replace the rubber part? or is it possible to get a new remote control? in either case, expensive?

Thanks

You can definitely get a new remote. I think I may have seen the remote buttons on eBay, you might want to take a look. Search for camry remote

Ya, i have been looking up on the net (also ebay), seem this 2002 Altise model doesnt really have a remote to replace.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kenku927

No need to use eBay. It's cheap from Toyota. There are two types of remotes for CV36s'

One button remote - $56+GST

Two button remote - $57.50+GST

They are very easy to program. Let me know if you need intructions on programming.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Hey Kenku927

No need to use eBay. It's cheap from Toyota. There are two types of remotes for CV36s'

They are very easy to program. Let me know if you need intructions on programming.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Hi Bob,

Really? this is cool!!! if they are about the price u mentioned i will prob buy it thru toyoto. so do I just need to pop in any toyota dealer and ask for the remote? or I need to go to specific toyota shop?

My remote is one buttoned, is that possible to programme to 2 button remote?

Thanks heapp for your information

Ken

heya ken,

i am in sydney, so all dealers here have the same prices. not too sure about the other states...

if you have the one button remote, a two button remote will not work...

Rob

heya ken,

i am in sydney, so all dealers here have the same prices. not too sure about the other states...

if you have the one button remote, a two button remote will not work...

Rob

Hey Rob

Thats awesome, thx for your information. I live in sydney too.

I actually asked about it at a shoe repair/key cut shop and they are gonna charge me $80!! sucks

I will go to toyota

Thanks

Ken

Hey Kenku927

Hope this helps.

Rob

I'm also after another remote for my recently purchased 2002 Camry Ateva, don't suppose you could post the instructions for programming while i source a remote from Toyota.

Cheers, Nick.

(first post - first Toyota too)

Looks like prices have gone up

Sydney City Toyota: $69

Artarmon: $65

That's for the remotes only - no programming

If someone could post the instructions for reprogramming the remote please, for a 2002 MCV36R, i can go and get one.

Cheers

Nick

Looks like prices have gone up

Sydney City Toyota: $69

Artarmon: $65

That's for the remotes only - no programming

If someone could post the instructions for reprogramming the remote please, for a 2002 MCV36R, i can go and get one.

Cheers

Nick

hey nick

I did the similar quote too, i rang and asked toyota sales department at artamon and glebe, they are all about $6x not including programming. I think those shoe/repair place i asked they include everything but $1xx

It would be great if Rob can post the programming instruction too:)

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got a new remote control

Toyota really have different price!!!

I went to sydney Glebe one, they charge the remote control for $64 + $60 for the programming service, need appointment for programming service (few days)!!!!

I ended up went to Artamon one, they only charge me $65 for the remote and no extra charge for the service, and they program my new remote straight after i purchased. and the whole programming process only took 30sec

Call different toyota and quoate the price!!!!

For some reason Sydney City Service Centre gives weird prices.......

I agree. Last year I inquired about a remote (single button) for my 99 Camry, and was quoted $65 for remote and $75 to program by Service Dept. This would take about 90 Min's to do and would require booking the car in. Went down to my local Auto Electrician, $52.50 for the remote and programing, less then 20 secs. If you have the car manual, you can DIY. First and last time visit to Sydney City Toyota at Waterloo.

For some reason Sydney City Service Centre gives weird prices.......

I agree. Last year I inquired about a remote (single button) for my 99 Camry, and was quoted $65 for remote and $75 to program by Service Dept. This would take about 90 Min's to do and would require booking the car in. Went down to my local Auto Electrician, $52.50 for the remote and programing, less then 20 secs. If you have the car manual, you can DIY. First and last time visit to Sydney City Toyota at Waterloo.

They do have a really nice show room, Gotta give them credit for that :)