Brakes

phoenixrolla

Hi Folks,

Newbie here so sorry if this question may of been covered before. I have a 2003 Corolla and need some help on finding cheapish ceramic pads for the stock calipers and rotors, currently running Bendix which are ok but when doing some heavy cornering today they almost overheated on one side. Does anyone know where in Melbourne I could get say a set of Endless pads for it and someone who could fit them cheaply please.

Thanks,

Tina

Depends on which Endless pads you want. Buying a brand name wont make a difference, you need to buy the compound. This list has a lot of the pads that will fit. Depending on what you do with them depends on what heat range you need.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20071

Thanks SuperDave, don't any track stuff, probably end up not doing it, but do a lot of winding country road driving with a lot of braking..one of the pads realy got hot..heard ceramic is better for your rotors as well...going to upgrade the camber bushing, shocks and possibly springs soon....where's a good place to get the full ceramic Endless pads in AU if you know????? Or am I be misguided in believing that a Corolla can be a performance road vehicle with good cornering etc......thanks again....

Thanks SuperDave, don't any track stuff, probably end up not doing it, but do a lot of winding country road driving with a lot of braking..one of the pads realy got hot..heard ceramic is better for your rotors as well...going to upgrade the camber bushing, shocks and possibly springs soon....where's a good place to get the full ceramic Endless pads in AU if you know????? Or am I be misguided in believing that a Corolla can be a performance road vehicle with good cornering etc......thanks again....

If one of the pads got really hot I'd guess there is a sticking brake piston. Depending on how heavy your braking is I'd be aiming for a pad that has a heat range above 500*C. Keeping in mind that the higher you go the worse they are when cold. Endless SSM would be the minimum, looks like they no longer make SSS. Endless Type R would be a happy medium. As for sources here, I got mine from Nengun.

• 3 weeks later...

Ceramic pads are pretty aggressive, you'll stop super good once they warm up, but instead of going through break pads, you'll go through rotors instead!

Most popular street + track pad I know of is Ferodo DS2500's, heaps of people swear by em.