2004 Lotus Elise using 2ZZ-GE

The 2004 Elise would be running the Toyota 2ZZ-GE engine which would produce more power and torque than the ones we have in the Celica and Corolla. They have tuned the engine to flatten the torque curve and reduce the torque dip at 6000rpm. A revised exhaust and other stuff will bump the power up. Anyone else know more info about this? The 2004 Elise would be a bullet when released with its very low keb weight of around 600kg.

Zee

Sounds like a prestigously over-powered go card :D

I just found a site online that desribes the old (squre lights) JDM integra type-R weighing only 1060kg doing 0-100km/h in 5.9sec. :angry:

I really wish we had more torque down low. 2000cc capacity would have been really nice. :(

proton has owned lotus for the last few years now. in fact lotus has been part of proton since the satria GTi was launched. hence the lotus badge at the rear. there has been quite a few remarks about its build quality.

I'll try to answer too. I'm from Malaysia BTW. Lotus was in trouble before, so Proton bought a part of Lotus. So Lotus was able to stay afloat.

Decisions on Lotus branded cars are not made by Proton. Those are made by Lotus themselves. The trade is that Proton gets to take advantage of tuning, engineer expertise and the Lotus badge in exchange.

No matter what you read about Proton cars with their "Lotus tuned suspension", it probably just means that a Lotus engineer sent an e-mail to Proton telling them to use a particular model of springs. Heck, protons still run on torsion bar suspension and at most, struts. All the competing brands here use multilink in their sedans!

Plus, the engine in those cars are outdated by at least 10 years. The staple hatchback and Persona sold in Malaysia are SOHC only!!!!!!

Have you guys seen the latest Proton car, the Gen.2? An article on it is at australiancardirectory. Freakin' ugly!

http://www.australiancardirectory.com.au/i...details&id=2040

Regards,

Aaron

When i was car hunting, i wanted to get a 2nd hand Proton GTI, i took 1 for a test drive that was 16 months old, every bump that i went over i was getting squeeks and rattles all through the car. I think the suspension is too tight and the bumps get to the rest of the car because of the poor build quality

It was fun to drive and it stuck to the road but it just wasnt for me. It didnt help that it had the same dash as my lancer

the 2ZZ-GE would be a very nice motor in the EXIGE and ELISE. Although i think i agree with Lotus' direction of attempting to flatten the power curve, such a bold rise and peak in a RWD track car is not really desirable (points to instantanous oversteer).

It wouldnt be too hard for the Toyota engine dudes and lotus guys working together to change the tune a little, and the way the variable lift is engaged to smooth it out. In which case you have a serious peice of track car machinery!!

I still think the elise is one sexy little road kart.