Rockford Fosgate

HAMSTA

Does anyone know if the Rockford Fosgate Punch P1694C are any good? I can get a full set for AUD$200 from America including shipping.

If anyone can recommend any other speakers from http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/c_15_Full_Range_Car_Speakers_6x9_Inch_Diameter.aspx?PageNum=1&SortField=0&SortOrder=0&ShowAll=False&AttrID=1&AttrValue=6x9&RowIndex=15 please don't hesitate :-)

I'd like to keep it under $250 (For four speakers)... Cause I'm a tight ***** and don't need anything major!

Thank you!

Edited by Helvetica Rounded

I like MB Quart because when i compared them to JL Audio TR and C2, Alpine type R and Pioneer D6902R at JB Hifi i found the MBs the clearest. The MB Quart had tight bass and the highs were clear. The Alpine, Pioneer and JL audio C2 sounded warm while TR sounded the most "fun". "fun" is where the sound spectrum is a V shape exaggerating low and high frequencies.

What type of music will you listen to?

JB Hifi has 30% off car audio once in a while.

Edited by A Buff Hamster

What type of music will you listen to?

http://last.fm/user/hamishelliott

That will answer your question in great detail I think ;-)

What do you think of your MB Quartz FTA169's? Would they sound nice in the front and back? I can get a full set of FTA169's for AUD$170.

Do you intend to get an aftermarket cd player and amp?

My FTA169 sound pretty clear at the back when you're sitting at the front but if sitting at the back it can sound a bit bright and might make you fatigue a bit.

You should go with the FTA169 for both front and back if your budget is tight. From my experience the difference from the base to top MB Quart 6x9 speaker is minimal and the price difference isn't worth it.

Edited by A Buff Hamster

My FTA169 sound pretty clear at the back when you're sitting at the front but if sitting at the back it can sound a bit bright and might make you fatigue a bit.

You should go with the FTA169 for both front and back if your budget is tight. From my experience the difference from the base to top MB Quart 6x9 speaker is minimal and the price difference isn't worth it.

I'm planning on getting a Camry Headunit (You know the ones...) the one I've been looking at has been advertising 50W per channel which will do until I can bother with a AMP...

I'm planning on getting a Camry Headunit (You know the ones...) the one I've been looking at has been advertising 50W per channel which will do until I can bother with a AMP...

The Camry headunit won't be able to get the full potential out of the speakers but it should run fine.

Edited by A Buff Hamster

another vote for the mb quart speakers.. running their reference series speakers in my aurion and the sound is amazing. (powered by alpine amps)

whatever speaker you go for, make sure you get some dynamat sound deadener

hey mate, i run Rockford Fosgate P1652-S component splits in the front of mine and like other have said they are simply awesome the depth warmth and detail for a car audio speaker is bloody amazing and there very efficient so don’t need a million billion watts to power them, if you can afford the Rockford’s i would really recommend them, i haven’t heard that particular model (actually isn’t that now the superseded model?) but I’m sure there anything like the component speakers you won’t be disappointed and this is coming from somebody who still works a fair bit in the music industry so used to hearing the very best quality from the latest thinking form line array technology and is til love cranking the tunes in my car.

How does this setup sound?

2 x MB Quart FTA 169 USD$104

1 x MB Quart ONX4.60 USD$115

1 x Rockford Fosgate RFK4D USD$89 (Wiring for the poor bugger who has to do it for me)

AUD$323.40 Speakers + AUD$125.39 Shipping

Total to purchase and ship it to Australia is AUD$448.79

Appreciate comments :-)

Also I'm looking for someone in Brisbane who would be able to help or assist me in Installing these speakers... A payment of some kind can be organised.

Edit: The Amp I've picked seems to out put more RMS if it's 2 ohm, Should I be looking for speakers which are 2 ohm to get the full potential of the Amp?

Edit 2: I found a pair of Infinity Reference 9623i this would cost me AUD$545.16 I'm purely just looking for value for money :-)