2002 Camry Sportivo A/C Compressor

warpye

The A/C light in my Camry Sportivo started to flash, I took it to the dealer who has diagnosed a faulty compressor, lucky for me the repair is covered by a used car warranty. However they are having trouble sourcing a new part. Its a genuine Toyota air conditioner, how is it possible they don't have the parts readily available, its a 2002 model.

I'd be inclined to take a guess at the dealership where you bought the car from not wanting to fork out for a genuine Toyota compressor due to cost. This may not be the case but it sounds like it in my mind!

I'm not quite sure of the purpose of this thread, so I might as well ask:

What were the conditions (weather wise) as to when the AC light started to flash? when you say flash, do you mean the little green light on the AC button?

Why would he speak of the actual a/c on button flashing on the facia ... as i read it and answered it would be the a/c warning light on the dash cluster

I know with the 36 series camry, the a/c button light may flicker when driving in heavy rain as a crucial part of the air-conditioning system gets drenched (for some reason it is positioned low and exposed) and A/C will no longer function while your fan remains operational.

Once dried out, things return to normal.

Why would he speak of the actual a/c on button flashing on the facia ... as i read it and answered it would be the a/c warning light on the dash cluster

[/quote

The green light on the a/c button (its got the climate control a/c), at any rate the dealer called me today to say they now have the part and its going to be installed in about a week.