Stock Parking Sensor ECU (computer) on stock ZR6

KSpec

hi, can anyone show me where the original stock parking sensor computer is? i want to remove the front sensor its brocken and wheneva i stop at a red light its beeps saying CHECK SONAR..my back sensor still working.. its realy annoying and i dont wana waste $289 to replace each sensor from toyota..

i want to disable front sensor only leaving the back normal. i tried unplugging the front sensor it dont work.. still beeps and says check sonar..

or is there a aftermarket replacement that i can just plug in the original connecter which is cheap?

anther stupid question can i use a ebay sensor and wire it to the original connector, would that work?

thnx..

Edited by KSpec

To locate the parking clearance ECU, open your boot and fold back the carpet on the right hand side:

di-1312978462663.jpg

If you plan on disconnecting the sonar, I would predict that this would just create another (or the same) error message rather than getting rid of it. As for whether another aftermarket sonar would be compatible, that can only be determined if you could compare the transducer specifications of your OEM one and the aftermarket one. I can't provide those specs unfortunately.

Edit: I re-read your post and noticed that you already tried disconnecting the sonar. If the error is still there after unplugging it, then there really isn't anything you can do from the ECU side of things.

To locate the parking clearance ECU, open your boot and fold back the carpet on the right hand side:

di-1312978462663.jpg

If you plan on disconnecting the sonar, I would predict that this would just create another (or the same) error message rather than getting rid of it. As for whether another aftermarket sonar would be compatible, that can only be determined if you could compare the transducer specifications of your OEM one and the aftermarket one. I can't provide those specs unfortunately.

Edit: I re-read your post and noticed that you already tried disconnecting the sonar. If the error is still there after unplugging it, then there really isn't anything you can do from the ECU side of things.

thnx.. by reading this forum, i can see u know where everyhting is on this car :) hehe

ill take a look tomorrow morning..

• 1 month later...

By the way I took a picture of Parking Sensor ECU on Aurion Presara. It's actually called "Clearance Sonar".

Presara got part number "89340-33080". There is another number there as well - "188100-0681"

Please check the picture attached (I used a mirror to take this shot :) )

post-23647-0-36961300-1301321858_thumb.j

Presara has only 4 sensors. I wonder what ECU is used when 6 sensors are installed.