Dyno question

Hi all,

had my ascent dyno'd yesterday at tcc.net dyno day and just had a quick question about the torque curve:

graph.jpg

Is it normal for a STOCK corolla to have that many dips in the torque curve?

I mean the power figure is ok nothing to be ashamed of on 85.9kw but the torque curve just looks odd to me...?

btw. Bear in mind that the scale on torque is 2nm for each increase / decrease...

*shrug* thoughts people?

85.9kw @ flywheel sounds really off to me and at 165-170km/h?? (4th/5th gear?) Should have been done in 3rd gear. Your rolla is 1ZZFE engined right? You should get close to 100kw @ fly and abt 75-80kw @ wheels. I don't know anything abt reading torque curves but i hav a rough idea abt tractive effort on the dyno dynamics printouts.

Z

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Z..

Engine is 1zzfe yep yep and not sure what gear it was done in ...

*I wasn't watching that part - I was watching the screen*

not sure if because it's a hub dyno if the speed reading is accurate..... (don't know enough about hub dyno's) I do remember looking over and seeing my speedo in the car up around the 120kph mark........

hmmm more oddities...perhaps I'll have it dyno'd again soon and see if there's any difference in the performance.

Hub dyno's give totally different readings to say a dyno dynamics dyno. Figures are higher etc and is a little hard to compare what is classed as "the norm". :D

Ben,

I'm disappointed you didn't get near the 195kw of the SSS with the SR20DET :) :)

As Silvabullit said, the hub dyno will read differently compared to a drum dyno as there is no wheel slip and different rotational mass once you've removed the front wheels. But - if you continue to use the Jaustech dyno after your planned power ups then it should provide a valid comparison.

PS. did you get the lambda/AFR graph as well? That may indicate whether your ECU was playing with the fuel ratio at the point where the torque dips slightly.

Also, you can tell which gear the run was performed in by checking which of your gears matches the indicated 4.116 ratio (actually scrap that, as 4.116 will be the gear ratio x the final drive ratio)...

Edited by oz_viking

Yeah I was a bit disapointed that I couldn't match that pulsar...

*shrug* most of the nissans that rocked up put the toyota's to shame power wise anyway : :huh:

I didn't end up getting an afr graph mostly because after you guys left they stopped bothering with the exhaust monitoring....

ECU modifiying things on the fly would sound about right - I mean it's not a HUGE dip when I look at it - it's only 12nm....*shrug*

I know what will fix it though B) nice size snail......

on the big happy side - Riding in the sportivo was a blast!!!

I know understand why you all love the 2zzge so much -=- cheers Camthumbsup8de.gif...

and everyone else for contributing about hub dyno's...still so much for my computer nerd head to learn :D