HELP GUYS

PTY

hey guys.

need your help! not too sure what's wrong with my 04' corolla sportivo. my car is in high revs but doesn't move, just realised recently. when i accelerate on take off and rev high it has a hard time moving forward. happens mostly from 1st to 2nd. the car speed doesn't keep up.. <_<

whats wrong with it? my clutch or belt slipping?

hey guys.

need your help! not too sure what's wrong with my 04' corolla sportivo. my car is in high revs but doesn't move, just realised recently. when i accelerate on take off and rev high it has a hard time moving forward. happens mostly from 1st to 2nd. the car speed doesn't keep up.. <_<

it sounds like the clutch is slipping

hey guys.

it sounds like the clutch is slipping

+1

the same thing happened to me about 2 months ago i would be driving and as my car started to rev over 2.5k rpm the engine would sound like it was revvig harder but u wasnt moving anywhere if its only at high revs then maybe you clutch is on the way out....

have a look check everything make sure everything is looking alright you will know if its your clutch if not i would get someone to check it out if its the clutch i bought the clutch thrust bearing and pressure plate for $130

is it at high rev and not going anywere or is it just screaming but no moving?

not at high revs around 3 for 1st gear.

alright i think the clutch is slipping. ill check all the oils and stuff tonight.

thanks guys.

just dont thrash your car while its still happening because if its your clutch and it gets worse you will end up geting stuck somewhere. It sounds like what was happening to me i would say its your clutch but check it out and take it easy....

just dont thrash your car while its still happening because if its your clutch and it gets worse you will end up geting stuck somewhere. It sounds like what was happening to me i would say its your clutch but check it out and take it easy....

yeah i will take it easy... bringing it to the shop on the weekend.

oh and i only got the car like 2 months ago from a used car dealership. i got 1 year warranty. is this going to be covered under warranty?

Edited by PTY

same thing happened to me i had the car for 2 weeks i rang them up even though i didnt have warranty and they half with me on the cost and installation of the clutch not too sure what your 1 year warranty covers but i dont think so because it comes under wear and tear like tyres so i doubt they will cover the clutch.... you can always ring and ask

Sounds like you have the same problem I have at the moment mate... That's your car telling you the clutch is slipping.

Take it easy on the clutch, granny drive it as much as possible, and hopefully that will give you time to get a new clutch ready :D

(at least this is what I have to do). Once it goes though, it can prove to be an expensive tow home or to your workshop.

Evo

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys.

i changed the clutch to an excedy heavy duty tuff clutch. i driven 800km on it so far trying to take it easy until the break in period is over (1000km). i just started noticing that the car shudders/vibrates violently on friction point! is this normal for a HD clutch or there something wrong with my flywheel or wrong bedding in?? :unsure:

thanks in advance.

PTY, sounds like you are on the right track in mods :)

Wondering if its a huge difference from factory stock?

How much did you pay and where did you get it installed at?

Your question does seam interesting, lets sit back and wait till who might know :)

Don't quote me but I have heard of some heavy duty clutches doing this...

I used to have an 83 Honda Accord and even tho it wasn't a performance vehicle (really) when bits broke i was in the habit of getting them replaced with long-life / heavy duty replacement parts. I had an Exceedy heavy duty clutch in that and had the same issue... I found that if i picked the revs up a little more to take off and learnt to operate it differently I had no problems at all and better response taking off at higher revs... but like I said don't quote me, it may not be normal for urs to do that... I guess live with it for the moment and if the shuddering starts to get worse or it becomes unbearable have it looked at...

Did you get the clutch changed at a good workshop or one that quoted the lowest.. it may be something misaligned with the clutch/clutch plate.

The heavy duty clutch shouldn't *****/shudder unless you're letting the clutch out really/too fast but generally it should be ok. Letting it out too fast shouldn't cause it to shudder anyhow.

PTY, sounds like you are on the right track in mods :)

Wondering if its a huge difference from factory stock?

How much did you pay and where did you get it installed at?

Your question does seam interesting, lets sit back and wait till who might know :)

Did you get the clutch changed at a good workshop or one that quoted the lowest.. it may be something misaligned with the clutch/clutch plate.

The heavy duty clutch shouldn't *****/shudder unless you're letting the clutch out really/too fast but generally it should be ok. Letting it out too fast shouldn't cause it to shudder anyhow.

'RO11ER' its much better then the factory stock, gear changes are quicker and you get better response. i got it installed for $650 at a locate mechanic in fairfield. though i dont recommend him. in the process of putting my clutch in i think he stuff up my radiator as when i got home it was leaking. i called up the mechanic but he wouldnt admit any fault to it. so i had to replace it myself with a second hand radiator.

'Delvance' im not too sure about the workshop. my friend got his HD clutch there so he recommended it me.

i have heard that HD clutches shudder for awhile until proper break in.

does shuddering damage the car?