toyota aurion gps aftermarket memory not working :s

hey guys just brought a very good unit of george in brisbane, gps tv, dual antenna, bluetooth etc.... very good unit and 1 year warranty plug and play 10 min replacement, anyway everything worked except for the memory, when i turn car back off and on, the unit doesnt come on i have to press the button for it to turn on and my memory for radio stations and audio settings not there, any recommendations? thanks

hey guys just brought a very good unit of george in brisbane, gps tv, dual antenna, bluetooth etc.... very good unit and 1 year warranty plug and play 10 min replacement, anyway everything worked except for the memory, when i turn car back off and on, the unit doesnt come on i have to press the button for it to turn on and my memory for radio stations and audio settings not there, any recommendations? thanks

This is a permanent power supply problem if ever I saw one. Basically your unit is only getting power when the car is turned on, which means no permanent power to maintain unit memory. It's unlikely to be a problem with the unit, more likely either the wiring harness or the stereo fuse (located above the passenger footwell).

If you're handy with a multimeter it's easy to test to find the problem. If not, have you tried plugging your factory unit back in and seeing if it's able to maintain it's memory? This will tell you whether it's a problem with the car, or from the new unit's harness or the unit itself.

If it's only happening with the new unit, get a replacement harness from George. He's very easy to deal with and very good when it comes to warranty concerns. If the harness then doesn't fix it let George know and he will swap over the units.

Hope this helps.

hey just hooked my old unit up and its got memory :s lol, must there is a problem there somewhere, i brought it back to george and he fully tested it in his car and it worked, he told me he had the same problem and it was his battery, then i got my battery tested and it was fine. any other ideas thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hey just hooked my old unit up and its got memory :s lol, must there is a problem there somewhere, i brought it back to george and he fully tested it in his car and it worked, he told me he had the same problem and it was his battery, then i got my battery tested and it was fine. any other ideas thanks

I just purchased the same unit and I found that I had the same problem with losing radio memory when starting engine.

I looked into it further and what I found is, when you connect a multimeter to the battery and when starting engine you will see that the voltage will drop between 6v - 8v for a few seconds.

That is to low it should be around 10v , that's why unit resets ,so I purchased a new battery (minimum 500CCA or more the better) and fixed problem.