A1 Car Broker

i know that. anyway go to Chatswood toyota and speak to William Lee, dont just call up, go out and show interest.

Thanks for the tip!

forget about William Lee, my friend had a bad experience with this guy when his family bought an Avalon a years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Forget brokers, I spent only around 2 hours on negotiating when I bought mine and that was the first day I went out to shop for my car. I got it for $27300 driveaway with floor mats. You just have to know how to play the dealers and when to say no. The first dealership I went to (where I test drove the car) wouldn't come down to the price I want so I just went to another dealer and bought it there.

Once we decided what we wanted, we just told the broker that and within the hour he had a price we were happy with, plus an excellent price on our trade.

Some people are naturally very good at negotiating, for the rest of us to just ring someone and have it sorted in next to no time with no effort on our part, how can you go wrong?

Having a mate who is an excellent negotiator, however, I do know the fun he has playing with dealers. He negotied $3000 off one of his cars, over a period of two weeks, and the dealer's hand was shaking so much when he did the paperwork, he didn't even realise he'd written the wrong price on the contract, so another $1000 came off just like that! :)

Forget brokers, I spent only around 2 hours on negotiating when I bought mine and that was the first day I went out to shop for my car. I got it for $27300 driveaway with floor mats. You just have to know how to play the dealers and when to say no. The first dealership I went to (where I test drove the car) wouldn't come down to the price I want so I just went to another dealer and bought it there.

Once we decided what we wanted, we just told the broker that and within the hour he had a price we were happy with, plus an excellent price on our trade.

Some people are naturally very good at negotiating, for the rest of us to just ring someone and have it sorted in next to no time with no effort on our part, how can you go wrong?

Having a mate who is an excellent negotiator, however, I do know the fun he has playing with dealers. He negotied $3000 off one of his cars, over a period of two weeks, and the dealer's hand was shaking so much when he did the paperwork, he didn't even realise he'd written the wrong price on the contract, so another $1000 came off just like that! :)

Negotiating is a waste of time, thats just annoys dealers. Just tell them what you are prepared to pay, and if they agree buy it and if not walk and go to another dealer!!

Forums like this are very useful to find the lowest prices dealers will go. Thats all the info you need!

I know it might not be that much of a discount but why not try the car auctions.

Dad was saying that one of the people he was talking to bought an ex shell tanker, it came with a brand new paint job, re built motor and it only cost them 66000. I think it was a 12 tonner.

Dad bought his through a truck yard, it was an 03 model, 50000k and it cost him 67000.

Just goes to show that hte auctions might be good after all?