lowering my stivo

hey guys

here are some nooby questions.

i need some help/info on lowering my sportivo 05.

i want to know what are my options for lowering. i have tried the search button a few times, didn't really get the info i needed.

i wanna lower my car for performance as well as for looks. i was thinking bout getting kings or Teins and i dont know which direction to go.

also can some one please explain coil overs and shocks, i have read alot about them but i have no idea what they do. (obviously shock are for absorbing bumps right?)

will i need new suspensions? or is that totally different to what im talking about?

sorry if im a bit all over the place, still very noob when it comes to car parts. :(

regards hobo

ok, u can go king lows or superlows, check out my thread garage cause i got king lows all around, i ordered kyb shocks today so there's an option that goes well with kings, ( kings with kyb shocks ) lots of peeps do that, OR u can get coilovers... which is the same thing, except height adjustment, and better handling i reckon, but more $$...

if u go lows and stick with stock shocks, they will leak eventually, mine are leaking ( 40k later ) so im putting new shocks in for when i sell the rolla shortly...

as for teins, NFI

ok, u can go king lows or superlows, check out my thread garage cause i got king lows all around, i ordered kyb shocks today so there's an option that goes well with kings, ( kings with kyb shocks ) lots of peeps do that, OR u can get coilovers... which is the same thing, except height adjustment, and better handling i reckon, but more $$...

if u go lows and stick with stock shocks, they will leak eventually, mine are leaking ( 40k later ) so im putting new shocks in for when i sell the rolla shortly...

as for teins, NFI

what do u mean by leaking? cheap to repair?

and thanks for clearing that up... and i think ima go with coilovers :)!!

LOL just read a thread about coilovers... FK it im just gonna lower with kings thanks again

Edited by imahobo

as for teins, NFI

what do u mean by leaking? cheap to repair?

and thanks for clearing that up... and i think ima go with coilovers :)!!

LOL just read a thread about coilovers... FK it im just gonna lower with kings thanks again

Leaking I mean leaking oil lol, shocks have oil it them and lowering them make em leak faster IMO, and they knock too when stuffed so it's why I'm replacing them for the sale

How much? Can't say lol cheap, I get em for 115 each.

Essentially any sort of lowering is going to compromise the ride to some extent, its just to what extent will you tolerate?

I believe Tein SSs are the best in terms of ride, but they do cost a lot more than the Taiwanese branded stuff out there.

I've got a kings spring/shock combo, and it's not bad, not too stiff, ride height is not bad, can get you over speed bumps no dramas. And it's a lot cheaper than coilovers, however personally im gonna upgrade to coilovers in the long run :D