Defective Steering wheel??

jack_the_lad

Hi guys ,

I need some advice. Last night I was dropping some people home at around 10.30 pm and noticed an unmarked police vehicle on the other side of the road had pulled someone over as I drove past the car pulled out and followed me. He pulled me over for what was a licence and breath test I was happy to comply. After blowing 0.0 he started to ask me questions about the car asked me to pop the bonnet rev the engine listened to the exhaust. After he checked all this out he started looking inside the car (not worried as I have nothing to hide) but he tells me that I'm going to be getting a ticket and lose 1 point from my licence as my steering wheel is Defect?.

I had been pulled over and got a fine 1 half years ago (on red P's) for not wearing a seat belt and explained I only had 1 point left and had only owned the car for 3 months I explained I bought the car with a current road worthy and that this was the steering wheel that came with the car and that I havent moded the car in any way. I was then told it was my responsibility to know and was going to lose my licence (job would go with it). After practically begging this Cop who was obviously looking for things he could fine me for did the check and eventually let me off with a warning but warned if I drove the vehicle again I will lose my licence. 1 - how the **** can you be defected for not having enough padding on a steering wheel that was passed by a mechanic. 2 - what am I suppost to do now I haven't been defected officially defected. 3 - was the original steering wheel padded in the centre.

Any info on the situation would be awesome I feel like it's absolute ******n cash grab.

Mate, cops are like that, they're always looking for something to get you with, its news to me too, never heard of them getting you for a steering wheel? That's just bl mate..maybe call vicroads or something? Where you from? Call whoever's the local road people, maybe sort something out there.

• 3 weeks later...

i've a chrome semi square race wheel, took it for a rwc to an old farts workshop, guy knocked it back some stupid reason? not round? too small w/e dont care, took to another guy. never mentioned got rwc and pulled over heaps (car is a magnet) no probs whatsoever.

conclusion- some people are just ****ers, all cops are revenue gathering ****holes that go off a quota system regardless what they tell the media. your cop sounds like one of many. :D