Paint

oodee

i just noticed today that my drivers door handle has a few paint defects... there are about a dozen spots that have paint missing... they are about 2mm-3mm wide each and i can see is white paint from underneath (btw my car is black so it shows up a bit more), but there is still clear coat over it and it wont rust because of it and i am probably the only one that will notice... but i know its there now and its gonna drive me nuts....

so after all of that the question is am i being anal (can i say that) if i take it back and ask for it to be fixed under warranty?

as i brought up in my other thread started today.... there is apparently no such thing as a 1000km service anymore.... its been changed to 5,000km... i think i will be going in when i get a chance either this weekend or the next and getting it sorted

mate ive got a similar prob but with chips in paint and the white undercoat.

why toyota would put a white undercoat under cars that are red/black/blue has got me stumped they know when it chips it will look like ****.

plus i personaly think the spray jobs on the stivos are a single coat.

im so worried about cut/polishing it incase it bring the white through all over then im f$%&d

as i brought up in my other thread started today.... there is apparently no such thing as a 1000km service anymore.... its been changed to 5,000km... i think i will be going in when i get a chance either this weekend or the next and getting it sorted

that's precisely why I mentioned it, the 1000K service is part of the quality control and is a requirement to make sure everything is tightened up after the initial run in period. You can also opt to have an oil change but it is not a necessity, I didn't and my car put out 115kW at the wheels 2 years and 27,000kms later...