Best CAI for a 2010 Corolla Ascent

I would like some help with finding the right CAI for my 2010 Corolla.

I have heard so many stories about the CAI screwing up the lights or what not.

Also, what's the law on CAI? Does it have to be inclosed?

After 'researching' I found this one http://www.weapon-r.com/index.php?act=view_product&id=459 <--- does anyone have this in their corolla? is this legal?

Sorry for all the questions.

THANK YOU!!

Edited by Jaclyn

Jaclyn,

Firstly, welcome to TOCAU.

There are many CAI available for your ZRE. The one most popular one you will find on TOCAU is the Ingen one. There are a few members in VIC that have them installed, also in NSW and SA. All members to date haven't reported problems, so persoanlly i would look into them.

I myself have a custom made CAI by CES (in QLD) not cheap, but it does exactly what i want it to do. Just remember, the CAI may make your low rev performance a bit muddy.

Hope this Helps :)

Please check our ZRE Corolla thread, that will give you a list of the intakes available for the ZRE series of Corolla's:

ZRE Corolla FAQ

Im running Injen and have had no CEL errors in over a year of install B)

Think I'd be to scared to install one of these myself (I'm a complete newb when it comes to car mechanics). Has anyone had one professionally installed before? and if so, how much are we looking at here and for what particular CAI? cheers guys. Looking forward to putting some meaty sound no homo, to my new car sometime soon :)

The Injen comes with very straight forward instructions, full pics for each step. All kits are pretty much the same, except SRI (Short Ram Intakes) dont require removal of the front bumper.

I think as long as you can operate a socket set and a screwdriver you can install it. Its actually a great first DIY mod. If your still not wanting to do it, i would estimate 1-1.5 hours for a mechanic to do it. Hourly rates vary widely. between $50-170/hour.

Toyota service guys should be able to do it in about 1/2 to 45min, 1 hour tops.

SRI can easily be done in about 15min.. maybe 30 min tops.

The Injen comes with very straight forward instructions, full pics for each step. All kits are pretty much the same, except SRI (Short Ram Intakes) dont require removal of the front bumper.

I think as long as you can operate a socket set and a screwdriver you can install it. Its actually a great first DIY mod. If your still not wanting to do it, i would estimate 1-1.5 hours for a mechanic to do it. Hourly rates vary widely. between $50-170/hour.

Toyota service guys should be able to do it in about 1/2 to 45min, 1 hour tops.

SRI can easily be done in about 15min.. maybe 30 min tops.

Thanks man. I think I'd still be uncomfortable modding it, seeing as it's a brand new car, I wouldn't wanna destroy it and lose the warranty on it.

After 'researching' I found this one http://www.weapon-r.com/index.php?act=view_product&id=459 <--- does anyone have this in their corolla? is this legal?

Do you mean the intake or the chick? :P

I'm not sure if Charlie has it on his, but it would be similar to the Injen one in the sense it's for the American Corolla. Should fit though, have a look at this pdf.

Alternatively, he is selling his Injen CAI (post above). Easy to install. :)

If you looked at the ZRE FAQ, I need feedback if any! :)

WeapnR fits

ive taken mine out cause i got defected.....LOL it's way too bloody loud the injen actually has a quieter tone, im running the stock airbox at the moment as im real close to trading in my car for something new :ph34r:

• Like 1

Charlie: LOL! :toast: at least we know it fits! :P

Post up photos, if you have any, and I'll add it to the FAQ for future ZRE owners. :)

Turbo? Mitsubishi? That progression seems to be the norm.. :whistling:

• Like 1

Hei flipsta,

Looking to buy an injen, I am a newb here in this site. Injen comes with Mac sensor to fit right?

Cheers

• Like 1

Post up photos, if you have any, and I'll add it to the FAQ for future ZRE owners. :)

Hey Peter

sorry didnt get any pics, i know i should have but its was only in for 3 days then i got booked....but man it's loud, real similar mount to the injen.

asm for the new car, yes it's turbo and yes it RWD.....not AWD LOL trying to strike up a deal in the next few weeks, just hope it all goes to plan

• Like 1

Hei flipsta,

Looking to buy an injen, I am a newb here in this site. Injen comes with Mac sensor to fit right?

Cheers

Hey Vig, first of all welcome!

and to answer your question, yes the injen has the MAF sensor mount in it already, you just use the supplied hex screws to mount the sensor in, fairly simple to install

where abouts are you from?

ive got one for sale if your interested

• Like 1

Thanks man.

I am from Victoria burwood east is my suburb. Just trying to find your sale thread with my iPhone but can't seem to get around it. Currently I got Simota pod on with DIY Maf adaptor, which I presumed the CEL will come in and it did. Maybe is too much hot air going in but love the sound though especially when the 2nd valve opens at 5500 rpm. Lol. Anyway how much u selling it for?

Cheers bro

Vig

Thanks man.

I am from Victoria burwood east is my suburb. Just trying to find your sale thread with my iPhone but can't seem to get around it. Currently I got Simota pod on with DIY Maf adaptor, which I presumed the CEL will come in and it did. Maybe is too much hot air going in but love the sound though especially when the 2nd valve opens at 5500 rpm. Lol. Anyway how much u selling it for?

Cheers bro

Vig

Here you go for all those interested! http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31625

Vig, please come to the Victorian meets! We need more ZREs? Maybe? :P We try to have a weekly meeting and there's always a monthly meet each month. Great to meet those on the forum, get to know some familiar faces. PM me your number, and either I or the main/usual organisers will msg you details of meets etc. :)

Hey Peter

sorry didnt get any pics, i know i should have but its was only in for 3 days then i got booked....but man it's loud, real similar mount to the injen.

asm for the new car, yes it's turbo and yes it RWD.....not AWD LOL trying to strike up a deal in the next few weeks, just hope it all goes to plan

Hahaha talk about bad luck! Three days lol! Turbo, RWD that helps break it down a bit? Hahaha looking forward to what it is! :spiteful:

Hah that's good to know that we do have Victorian meets. funny that don't see many Zre modded on the streets though. Thanks for the link dwee.

Hey guys, also new here and from Vic.

Does anyone have pics of their CAI intakes installed? just wanting to get an idea of how it looks in the engine bay.

Thanks for that mate, that looks tidy in that colour.

Im concerned if pulled over the cop see this big shiny pipe hes going to get me for it. Has anyone one had any issues with this?