ZRE: Removing the Licence Plate Light Assembly

How does one go about removing the licence plate light assembly in a ZRE Hatch.

Wanting to replace them with these:

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

Also if someone can give some guidance on wiring for a reverse camera to be placed in the same position as the licence plate lights.

Thanks.

Edited by u54mot

Ahhh Thomas you found some? :D

I would suspect the normal way, remove the interior trim from the inside of the hatch, i think you have to start from the top of the window and work your way down the sides.

From Minkara: (japlish)

手順としては、ウインドウの上→ウインドウの両サイド→ドアパネルの順番で外します。 As a procedure, remove the door panel in the order of → → windows on either side of the window.

ウインドウの上はガラス側から手を突っ込み、手前引くと取れます。 Thrust his hand on the side window glass, pulled 取Remasu front. ただ、この時かなり力が必要ですのでケガには気をつけてください。 However, the injury must have considerable power, so please be careful at this time.

両サイドは、トノカバーの紐がかかっているフックのところを引っ張ってピンを抜くと取れます。 Both sides, pull out the pin 取Remasu just pulling the rope is at stake Tonokaba hook.

ドアパネルは、最初にハッチのフック左側にあるクリップを外し、中央のピンを押し込んで、ドライバー等で外側のピンを引き抜き、ハッチの取っ手をはずしたら、両サイドの外した所から外します。 Door panel, remove the clip on the left side of the hatch to the first hook, push the center pin, pull the pin on the outside with a screwdriver, the handle of the hatch Hazu****ara away from the office off of both sides.

内張り外しは、基本的に力が要る作業ですが、あまり力ずくでやると、内張りのツメを折ったりするので注意してください Remove the lining, but I need the work force is basically to do so by force, please note that you can bend the tab on the ceiling

If Johns sees this he will be bale to post up the other Minkara page i know of that has the full pics of the wiper delete job. Its prety much the same. Once the trim is off i suspect there will be a few 10mm nuts to remove then it should just pull out from the rear...

Thanks for that.

The set are USD$45 on ebay .

I will see if i can 'thrust' my hands around the rear door trim, and get at the lights.

ah and thankyou for that, don't forget about the injury :D

They look like they would be super bright like your Aurion, could you post a pic when done please?

Pete, Minkara has changed and it's a struggle to find Auris mods now :(

They look like they would be super bright like your Aurion, could you post a pic when done please?

I will post pictures when i get them installed, which will be at least another week or two, as i just purchased them today.

No need to remove the trim. Just remove the small hatch which is on the inside. Put your arm in there, you will sense two clips. Push them towards each other while pushing the assembly out at the same time. Then, from the outside, just disconnect the connector from the assembly and replace with the new one.

Good luck! :)

No need to remove the trim. Just remove the small hatch which is on the inside. Put your arm in there, you will sense two clips. Push them towards each other while pushing the assembly out at the same time. Then, from the outside, just disconnect the connector from the assembly and replace with the new one.

Good work Alex, I used that little panel before and forgot all about it till now :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried this method, and the assembly does unclip, but will not come out due to the Corolla Horizontal garnish. Will try again at a later date.

I've tried this method, and the assembly does unclip, but will not come out due to the Corolla Horizontal garnish. Will try again at a later date.

I tried again. The licence plate assembly will not fit through that small opening under the Corolla Garnish. I give up for now. Will definitely need to remove the whole plastic backing on the door, and then remove Corolla garnish, and then remove the light assembly.

• 3 weeks later...

A good way to fix the EPIC brightness which hits the ground behind the car, is get some tape, and tape off the rear half of the glass of the lights. It should then only allow light to hit the number plate and rear bar.

Jebuz!! Overheated or water/moisture damage?? What chip type is that?? Doesnt look like 5050's from the pic

It was from overheating (less than 4 months). They are 3020 LED's. I would think no matter which LED bulb you put in that position it would be prone to overheating.

If you take a look at the new ones, they do have a heatsink,

The assembly i have in the Aurion (same manufacturer - Racing Dash(TW)) has been in the car for over a year, no problems with overheating, still going strong.

• 7 months later...

ZRE Licence Plate LED Assembly:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-license-plate-light-Toyota-Corolla-Wish-Alphard-/270890013326?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f124d928e

If you are going to purchase multiple items, make the seller an offer, the seller may give it to you.

• 1 year later...