Toyota badge front & rear colour coded

I'm attempting to spray my front and rear toyota badges matt black (Black on Black car). Was wondering if anyone has attempted to do so.

If so please advice on steps to approach. I tried removing the front badge with no luck...what is the correct way that has been done.

TEE

Hi,

fair easy to do, the rear one you have got off car ? if not id use a bit of heat (hair dryer) some dental floss and slide that back n forth to cut through the glue / tape from stock...there are two pins that are there to align it, you will notice them as floss will stop n not go further.

Front badge from memory i removed without taking bumper at all off, just fit your hand down the back of badge / grill and feel around, the front badge is clipped in using three clip points evenly spaced around the badge, from memory you need to puch / squeeze them inwards towards the middle of the badge to free them up from the tab on the grille that they clip onto.

click my sig below the sportivo build and flick to bottom of page 1 where talk about front badge removal and top of page two for image of all items needed for the painting.

- clean, course sand to remove chrome, light sand, prime, paint, reinstall.....the cold weather may make painting a little annoying. Sit the rattle can in a hot sink for 5 mins to heat up paint inside and heat the badges up to atleast 20 degrees Celsius using harir dryer will make results a lot better, when not using can keep it in the warm bucket of water.

good luck

Edited by jaderd

hey mate,

In my opinion i reckon you should go with gloss black instead of matte. When i first purchased my car (which is not long ago) i also sprayed my badges matte black. I found that the Matte black doesn't really look good with the black car. It made the badge look dull. My mates just reckon the badges were really dirty lol. So recently i sandpapered it again and tried it again with gloss black and found it to look way better on the black car. Well this is my opinion anyway. You might like having Matte over Gloss.

Nice work Jaderd, aindreas I thought about that too now you got me thinking twice about it..if you got could take some pics of it that will be awesome. And if anyone else who has done this please put upload some of your great works =D

Jaderd looking back at your work of the car which is now gone :( you did some great work! good job mate...by the way where did you get those Buddyclub wheels from?? where they 17x7? what offset and

price you paid for them dude...

Yeh still deciding what colour now..but also weather isn't great also.

Front and Back photos would be awesome! anyone else whos attempted this please give us steps, tips and photos cheers.