TRD 1MZ-FE S/C PULLEY BRACET

HARKEM

HI GUYS,

Have the TRD 1MZ-FE S/C but not the pulley bracket assembly, Manual EGR tube or TRD EBC...:(

Trying to get my hands on the dimensions of the bracket so i can make one, if anyone has this S/C in/near Melbourne i would give a slab just to be able to measure it all up...lol

Also if anyone wants to get rid of a TRD 1MZ-FE EBC i would be interested...was an extra to the original kit,

rest of the car is ready for it, really want to bolt this thing on ;)

Cheers..

Thanks for the reply,

To be honest all i have is the S/C at the moment, didn't come with the pulley bracket, not to worried about the EGR tube as you said i can adapt the stock one to suit or make one from scratch which isn't to big a deal;

TRD EBC only really req'd for more the 5psi boost and worse case can adapt a turbo one possibly??

My major concern at the moment is getting a Pulley bracket or getting a drawing on one so i can make it up...otherwise i could pull the motor out and do it:( which i really don't want to do..lol

Been sending emails all over the place for this and to source the TRD EBC, i can tell you know that any of the Toyota wreckers/ Jdm importers and so forth here seem to squirm at even the mention of secondhand TRD parts...it's pretty funny to me considering the Camry is one of the most sold cars in Oz for like the last 10 years..and the USA. The most helpful JDM importer/exporter i've come across so far is in Japan..

There is a guy in the states (funny feeling you might know him) 'GLP Motorsports, L.L.C.' who advertises on facebook, really helpful and friendly!!

He's right into the Camry's and he makes the pulley bracket assembly for about $950+shipping(probably about $300)amongst other things,

which is not to bad..except i know i can make it for about $600- if i had a drawing..on a tight budget..kids,house,etc. Half the price.

If i had the funds i'd buy a full kit and copy it(know of at least 3x for sale at the moment) then sell it onwards, not a choice at the moment tho.

As to moving the resevoir and horn, i've picked up a rough install guide along the way which gives me a good idea as to what to do(from a guy in QLD), as to the PCV valve i haven't looked at it yet so i've no idea where or exactly what to get yet..all so have the original TRD guides for the

1 MZ-FE S/C and a few others..

Have so far fitted a Exedy stage 1 Race Clutch, Fidanza 9lb Flywheel(had to machine the center,hole wasn't quite big enough) Really noticed the difference tho even with stock Kw!! Got DBA Gold 4000 Slotted/Cross drilled front and rear rotors(huge difference),Iridium spark plugs, Top gun leads, looking to get the OBX headers and a TRD Catback exhaust eventually, will change air-intake as well..

Really cracked it at the mech i got to fit the clutch, prick installed a std thrust bearing..it lasted less then 6000kms..decided i'm doing all the work on my car from know on, no one else to blame then..

How's that for a venting...:) fingers are sore know..lol

P.S: DBA don't make those particular rotors anymore..I got the last set of rears, they may still have a set of the fronts left..

Edited by HARKEM

And I know someone who has everything that for the gen6 brake upgrade too.

You will need to move the alarm part of the horn, as it is up in that corner too for the gen4.

AND you should definitely run the EBC for the fuel cut. (4psi worth of air + little to no fuel = extremely lean = bang)

The other bad thing is unless someone has the plate off the car, it'll be hard to get someone to measure it as there is quite a bit of work trying to get it on/off. Best bet is to ask the US guys for dimensions.

• Like 1

And I know someone who has everything that for the gen6 brake upgrade too.

You will need to move the alarm part of the horn, as it is up in that corner too for the gen4.

I was not aware of this.

As for the brakes, Mr Wheeler has reserved the right to buy them but he just needs to work out his Frankenhub.

I'm also on Toyota Nation asking the same questions and your mate ASG told be to speak to Gabe/TRD4Life, tho i'd already been in contact with him thru his Facebook page..you've made me a little hesitant to deal with him know...lol..don't like handing over $$$ oversea's as it is without a guarentee..

As to the brakes, i'm not willing to upgrade the rotors after fitting about a 1k worth of rotors & pads,

are there any larger stockish Calipers i can bolt straight on that would work with the existing rotors?

Oh as to the Qld guy...

I didn't mean i had chatted to someone, had to find where i put it 3 months ago..

Then I realised it's a manual you wrote on this site...;)....hiliarious...lol

And if i can't get the TRD EBC what else can i use and program to do the same??

Mind you at this point i'm thinking of saving up and buying a complete kit from the US and making the bracket from that then on selling the kit without the EBC..

• 3 months later...

I'm considering importing one from the US. and installing it in a 4.5 MCV20R Touring which I'll have also have full climate installed into. only prob is finding a decent candidate. (lots of junky/dodgy history ones in the east)

once i acquire the actual car I'll round out the package with a TRD kit. I'm told you can use a Ford supercharger pully on one of these to pull insane amounts of power but no-one seems to know much about it.

If your seriously interested in getting one jump onto Solaraguy, there is about 5x or so S/C up for sale at the moment..

I'd manage to talk two guys down to $1500+shipping, tho expect to pay about $1900-$2500+shipping for a good kit and new drive pulleys are only about $100+shipping, idler pulleys about $50 from local store and belt is about $30 from the USA.

http://www.solaraguy.com/

Edited by HARKEM

hmm i need more boost or a turbo... Everyone is getting a supercharger...

Oh just to let you guys know. DO NOT expect the power that the guys in the states are quoting.

For a manual

4psi - Expect around 150kw atw

5.5-6psi - Expect around 170kw atw

Also if you have an auto minus 10-20% off that, AND you will need the EBC and you will still end up killing the box eventually.

hmm i need more boost or a turbo... Everyone is getting a supercharger...

Oh just to let you guys know. DO NOT expect the power that the guys in the states are quoting.

For a manual

4psi - Expect around 150kw atw

5.5-6psi - Expect around 170kw atw

Also if you have an auto minus 10-20% off that, AND you will need the EBC and you will still end up killing the box eventually.

Apparently.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep...

I ended up getting a full new pulley bracket assembly from Gabe along with a whole heap of other parts,

i'm hoping to fit a heap of things this weekend. Just got a new actuator which i have to make a bracket for it to fit and my biggest worry to get it fitted is trying to remote mount the brake resevoir..have a spare main cylinder and want to see if i can get fittings welded to it..

Currently have a Full Injen intake w/cai extension, throttle body spacer and a TRD Front Tower Brace coming over from the USA, have fitted a Whiteline RSB (awesome) will fit FSB this weekend, TWM shortshifter fitted (awesome), bigger fuel pump, fuel lines, injectors to be fitted, Apexi SAFC & RSM & heap of gauges to be fitted, Full Extreme dimensions bodykit to be fitted, Exedy stage 1 clutch & fidanza flywheel & dba cross driiled/slotted rotors fitted, etc, etc.

Want to get a set of OBX headers and make up a 3" exhaust.

Ahh, so you dealt with that crook Gabe after all.

Yeah...He's a great guy :nono: I love the bit where we "refuse to send our stuff back"...

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/12-feedback-buyers-sellers-vendors/405291-gabe-trd4life-glp-motorsports.html

Ahh, so you dealt with that crook Gabe after all.

Yeah...He's a great guy :nono: I love the bit where we "refuse to send our stuff back"...

http://www.toyotanat...otorsports.html

That's an interesting and funny thread to read...lol

Basically i had to...i tried for about 6 months to get a copy or drawings on the bracket assy...when i finally found someone(GREG on Solaraguy) that was willing to sell me the bracket Gabe beat his price with a complete new assy so i got it from him, got a few other parts from him as he's either the only one that's got them or simply others don't price freight properly..eg: I could have got a TRD Tower strut for $125+ $550 for shipping, Gabe's price $175+ $125 for shipping...i'm weary after seeing and hearing alot of complaints but i haven't had any trouble myself yet...

Ahh, so you dealt with that crook Gabe after all. What size pulley are you using? If you're @ 4psi all the other fuel related upgrades aren't necessary.

The SAFC is so pointless even Jesus himself could tell the injectors to add the fuel in and do a better job.

Edit: As in, him actually telling each injector to add fuel. And he was born in a time where donkey and cart was all the rage.

I haven't dealt with the SAFC or know to much about them to be honest, spoke to a few guys in the USA and they recommended it, one of my mates used one for his Turbo'd Lancer running 28psi..

What's the draw back?? What do you reccomend??

I've got the 4psi, 5.5psi & 7psi pulleys, intend on starting on 4psi to work out any problems then shifting to 5.5psi for daily driving and 7psi for fun..:)

Thought about going higher but i figured at the moment i don't want to invest yet into pulling the motor apart or the cost for cams, Pistons, Rods. etc..

That is true with the SAFC. I have one sitting in the cupboard atm. 5 points is not enough for the whole rev range.

Please explain for a "Learning as i go" newbie ;)

Also anyone fitted a LSD into there camry?? eg: Quaife for the MR2, read that you need to change the speedo gear on your axle, available from toyota but unsure how to do??

Do you have this problem with the TRD lsd's for the MR2's??

Anthony(STYLSH) has a Quaife LSD.

SAFC are simply OK, nothing better nothing worse. I used one in the past and had no issues, but nothing beats a stand alone of course. You would buy one only if you were trying to keep costs down.

I haven't dealt with the SAFC or know to much about them to be honest, spoke to a few guys in the USA and they recommended it, one of my mates used one for his Turbo'd Lancer running 28psi..

What's the draw back?? What do you reccomend??

I've got the 4psi, 5.5psi & 7psi pulleys, intend on starting on 4psi to work out any problems then shifting to 5.5psi for daily driving and 7psi for fun.. :)

Thought about going higher but i figured at the moment i don't want to invest yet into pulling the motor apart or the cost for cams, Pistons, Rods. etc..

I guess you're lucky so far with the dealing with GLP Motorsports, but I stand by my opinion that he is scum.

Edit: In fact, he's not scum. That's offensive to scum. He's worse than scum. I can't think of a term I can use to describe him; without making the adjective that I wish to help describe him make it sound worse than it is.

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

I guess you're lucky so far with the dealing with GLP Motorsports, but I stand by my opinion that he is scum.

Edit: In fact, he's not scum. That's offensive to scum. He's worse than scum. I can't think of a term I can use to describe him; without making the adjective that I wish to help describe him make it sound worse than it is.

lol...you really don't like him....and i'll agree with you, Camry's are a B**CH to work on :)