Will 265/70/16 Toyo tyres fit on my 07 Hilux?

HaydenL

I have aquired a set of Toyo Open Country tyres 265/70/16 off a patrol with the rim aswell, the rims fit on the car but the tyres hit the front and back gaurds when i go full lock so im guessing the offset is different, i am wondering what rim i will need to get to make these fit? can you get 16 inch hilux steel rims? or will i have to use prado ones, or will 16 inch sunraysia's do the job, some help would be much appreciated. Cheers

Probably the main reason why they scrub is not because of the offset, but because they are too large for you use.

The Hilux uses 205/70R15 and the 4x4 Extra Cab uses 255/70R15 stock. On an increase to 16 inch wheels for the former, something more appropriate would be 215/60R15 and the latter, 255/65R16.

As it stands if you have anything but the 4x4 Extra Cab, the wheels/tires you are trying to fit are 12.52% larger in diameter... which is way beyond the recommended 3% limit. For the 4x4 Extra Cab, it is 3.33% larger which is still larger than the recommended limit, but shouldn't pose too much of a scrubbing issue but it can have more of an affect when combined with offset.

So which model variant do you have?

I have a 4x4 dual cab, so pretty much i should sell them and go for some 255/65/16, is it safe to use spacers? someone at work was talking about them

Edited by HaydenL

I have a 4x4 dual cab, so pretty much i should sell them and go for some 255/65/16, is it safe to use spacers? someone at work was talking about them

Safe? Maybe.

Legal? No.